The U.S. increase military presence in Europe, - Breedlove
The official says NATO Armed Forces are to improve their efficiency for “more opportunities”
The United States build up their forces in Europe due to military challenges in this region, caused by aggression of the Russian Federation. Phillip M. Breedlove, Supreme Allied Commander Europe, said this at a briefing in Pentagon (Ukrinform).
“We support the increase of the number of U.S. servicemen and military opportunities in Europe, and we now start to implement that. For instance, already fourth U.S. destroyer reached Spain, as the ground troops perform rotation, increasing their presence in Europe up to a brigade”.
According to the U.S. General, this is far more than the mere increase of military presence. “We decided we needed to improve troops’ combat effectiveness for more opportunities, which lies within Article 5 of the North Atlantic Treaty. We planned this yet before the Russian annexation of Crimea”, Breedlove noted.
As is known, Article 5 of the North Atlantic Treaty states that an attack on one ally shall be considered an attack on all allies.
Previously, Breedlove said the West should join the information war against Russia.
Russia bombers fly near Iceland passenger airliner 27 September, 09:47
NATO Secretary General: Those responsible for MH17 tragedy should be punished 29 September, 08:44
Stoltenberg: NATO and allies to assist Ukraine via trust funds 20 October, 21:30
Sweden: Russia aggravates situation in the region 11 October, 12:38
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:01Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported
- SOCIETY21:12FSB ensnared Sushchenko in Moscow by preparing trap, - Feygin
- UA & EU20:24"PACE considers not expulsion of Russia but maintaining current status quo", - Ariev
- POLITICS19:36"Yesterday I was judged in Russia and today will be judged in Ukraine", - Savchenko
- SOCIETY18:47Sentsov placed in punishment cell for 15 days, - sister
- POLITICS18:00Belarus MFA handed protest note to Ambassador of Ukraine due to forced return of aircraft
- POLITICS17:12Ukraine is waging two wars - with Putin's occupiers and crime, - Lutsenko
- SOCIETY16:24Forensic psychological examination of Klykh showed he is mentally healthy
- POLITICS15:36Kyiv to seek Sentsov and Kolchenko's extradition under exchange procedure, - source
- SPORT14:51Ukrainian tennis player Elina Svitolina threatened in Moscow
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars