The UN Climate Conference kicked off in Paris
Leaders of almost 150 countries to discuss burning environmental issues
The UN Climate Conference started in Paris on November 30. Some 150 state leaders from all over the globe discuss development of the strategy to combat global warming – in particular, implementation of new regulations of the world environmental policy instead of Kyoto Protocol.
Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko, in particular, came to Paris on November 29. U.S. President Barack Obama joined the event as well. His French counterpart Francois Hollande and Finnish President Sauli Niinistö, Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau and UN Secretary General Ban Ki-Moon participate in the event, too. Petro Poroshenko met with his Austrian, Latvian and Romanian counterparts. At meetings with Prime Ministers of other European countries, the Ukrainian President urged them to extend sanctions against Russia due to its failure to comply with the Minsk agreement.
The UN-organized conference will last until December, 11. Shortly before it started, according to tradition, a number of “climatic marches” took place in many cities around the world, including Kyiv, where activists demanded that the government implements energy-saving technologies.
Poroshenko to meet with Stoltenberg in Brussels 20 October, 10:25
Peskov denies Putin, Poroshenko talking in raised voice in Berlin 24 October, 17:23
Merkel stresses importance of negotiations on Ukraine with Putin 20 October, 12:42
Most influential Ukrainian in the world passed away 24 October, 19:37
- SOCIETY19:49Lutsenko: Heavenly Hundred murders may be considered by Hague
- FINANCE19:02Doing Business 2017 rating: Ukraine rises to 80th position
- UKRAINE CRISIS 18:18Stratfor: Motorola murdered either by militants or Russian special services
- POLITICS17:32Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine
- UA & EU16:48MEP: EU-Ukraine visa free regime could be voted before November 24
- POLITICS16:0014 Russian citizens detained during counter-terrorism operation in Germany
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:15Ukraine’s Helsinki Union creates center to document war crimes
- SOCIETY14:31US extends ban on flights of aircraft in Simferopol and Dnipropetrovsk
- UKRAINE CRISIS 13:44Trilateral contact group returns to work in Minsk, - Tandyt
- SOCIETY12:55SBU interrogates Savchenko as witness in Ukraine’s territorial integrity infringement case
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas