The UN called for the urgent introduction of the regime of silence in Syrian Aleppo
UN demands full ceasefire agreement with a view to carrying out humanitarian operations
UN calls on the parties of Syrian conflict to stop fighting immediately near the Syrian city of Aleppo in order to conduct humanitarian operations. A statement published on the website of the organization.
"At least, the United Nations require a full ceasefire agreement or the weekly 48-hour humanitarian pauses to get to the millions in need of Aleppo, replenish stocks of food and medicines, which are critically coming short," - the statement says.
The statement also says that there are about two million people in Aleppo without water and electricity. Water in wells and reservoirs of Aleppo is not enough to meet the needs of the population, and if water and power lines are not restored, the consequences could be "devastating".
It is offered to deliver humanitarian aid from the territory of Turkey. At that, the statement stressed that all parties must guarantee the safety of the civilian population and infrastructure in accordance with international law.
Earlier an agreement on cessation of hostilities in Syria came into force, but soon the positions of several groups in Aleppo province were hit by airstrikes.
Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order 24 October, 22:37
UNDP continues support for Donbas restoration 16 October, 11:03
- UKRAINE CRISIS 21:49Ukraine in Minsk offers to liquidate Donetsk and Luhansk republics
- POLITICS20:56Poroshenko receives credentials from Iraq and Azerbaijan Ambassadors
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:18Ukraine in Minsk insists on primacy security issues and OSCE border control
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:34Russia not to allow ICRC mission to Ukraine’s prisoners in Donbas
- FINANCE18:44Groysman provides electronic declaration of his possessions
- POLITICS17:57Poroshenko receives credentials from Ambassador of Poland Jan Peklo
- SOCIETY17:15Russia's Supreme Court upheld Karpyuk, Klykh sentences
- POLITICS16:26Putin is ready to negotiate with any US president
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:43Trilateral Contact Group meeting kicks off in Minsk
- SOCIETY15:05Novel “Airport” nominated for Shevchenko Award in Ukraine
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case