The Ukrainian was detained in Poland and accused by the USA of copyright violation for 1 billion dollars
Artem Vaulin allegedly is the owner of Kickass Torrents (KAT), a popular and illegal file-sharing website
A 30-year Ukrainian Artem Vaulin from Kharkiv was arrested in Poland and charged of criminal copyright infringement and money laundering. The United States will seek to extradite Vaulin to the United States.
“Vaulin is charged with running today’s most visited illegal file-sharing website, responsible for unlawfully distributing well over $1 billion of copyrighted materials,” said Assistant Attorney General Caldwell, reports the United States Department of Justice.
KAT is a commercial website enabling users to reproduce and distribute hundreds of millions of content, which is illegal. Specifically, KAT made available for download movies that were still in theaters and displayed advertising throughout its site.
KAT was receiving more than 50 million unique visitors per month and is estimated to be the 69th most frequently visited website on the internet.
Pentagon spots unsuccessful launch of North Korea ballistic missile 16 October, 13:07
Nuland goes to Moscow to discuss Donbas 4 October, 08:37
Putin is ready to negotiate with any US president 26 October, 16:26
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas: 152 mm shells hit Vodyane, Donetsk region
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:50OSCE SMM reports increase of military activity in Donbas
- UKRAINE TOP 21:18Ukraine slaps Russian airlines with 28 million dollars fine
- RUSSIA19:47Foreign Ministry: Russia must release Sushchenko and other detained Ukrainians
- FINANCE19:00IMF confirm visit of their mission to Ukraine in November
- POLITICS18:14Amnesty International: Karpyuk, Klykh fell victims of Russian parody on justice
- POLITICS17:31Avakov: Russia can only be defeated by united worldwide opposition
- SPORT16:48Boxing: Lomachenko and Russian boxer pose wearing T-shirts with Ukrainian trident
- UKRAINE CRISIS 16:03Hug: More action by JCCC needed for successful disengagement in Donbas
- FINANCE15:17IMF mission to arrive to Ukraine in November
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case