The UK ready to deepen cooperation with Ukraine in defense sector
British Ambassador Judith Gough met with Ukraine’s Defense Minister Stepan Poltorak
The United Kingdom is ready to deepen cooperation with Ukraine in the defense and security sector, Ukraine’s Defense Ministry reported December 22.
“Ambassador of the Great Britain to Ukraine Judith Gough assured the Ukrainian side of constant and comprehensive support of the United Kingdom. She showed the readiness of the British side to develop further interstate cooperation in defense sector – particularly, in terms of medical treatment and psychological rehabilitation of the Ukrainain servicemen”, reads the message of the Ministry’s press service.
During the meeting with the UK ambassador, Ukraine’s Defense Minister Stepan Poltorak informed the official on the current political and military situation in the country, as well as Ukraine’s position on the enhancement of the OSCE Special Monitoring Mission in Donbas and the involvement of foreign military supervisors of OSCE member countries in the region.
Poltorak stressed that the Ministry, jointly with foreign military counselors, are now agreeing on the format of military reforms in Ukraine. He said the road map of the reforms’ implementation will be provided to defense ministers of NATO countries at the Alliance’s HQ in February 2016.
The Ukrainian minister thanked the British side for its active work in the frameworks of the multi-national committee on military cooperation and defense reforms.
Poltorak: 173 Ukrainian servicemen killed in Donbas since early 2016 6 October, 21:43
Ukraine, USA discuss lethal weaponry supplies 19 October, 07:47
Poltorak: Ukraine aims to become major non-NATO ally of the U.S. 10 October, 10:00
No disengagement in Stanytsya Luhanska in the near future, - Poltorak 11 October, 18:42
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 16 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- POLITICS23:21MPs to increase themselves salaries as of November 1
- SOCIETY22:18Police arrests one of Inter TV Channel instigators
- SOCIETY21:39Russia refused to hand over Alexander Kolchenko to Ukraine
- SOCIETY20:34Searches at Kseniya Babych: Journalist reveals details
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:31OSCE SMM: Disarmament paused in Donbas
- POLITICS19:31Italy’s Renzi forces retreat from new sanctions on Russia
- POLITICS19:14New leak from WikiLeaks: Obama’s emails from 2008 campaign revealed
- UKRAINE TOP 18:35Searches at Kseniya Babych: National Union of Journalists of Ukraine express their concern
- SOCIETY18:17Searches at Kseniya Babych: Investigators believe first interrogation is most important
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars