The number of detainees during the clashes in Yerevan exceeded 130 people
Armenian opposition party members are among the detainees
The number of detained during clashes near the seized police station in Yerevan reached 136 people. As it was reported earlier the number of victims during clashes in Yerevan has risen to 51 people, including 28 policemen.
This is with reference to the press service of the police informs portal "News Armenia".
According to the Ombudsman of Armenia, journalists were hurt during clearing of the protest in Yerevan. Armenian Human Rights Defender's Office reported that all available materials on the matter will be forwarded to the investigative authorities for investigation.
Recall that armed men grasped building of police and took hostages in Armenia on July 17. The hijackers demanded releasing of opposition leader Zhirayr Sefilian and to dissolve the government. Initially, there were 8 captured hostages in the building of the police station, but some of them were freed. Police used tear gas against the demonstrators and stun grenades in the evening of 20 July, near the captured police station in Yerevan. The demonstrators were throwing stones, bottles and firecrackers, barricades were built from garbage cans.
Among the hostages still kept are Armenian police deputy chief Major General Vardan Yeghiazaryan, Deputy Chief of Yerevan Police Colonel Valery Osipyan.
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:5925 attacks from Russia-backed militants reported, - ATO HQ
- UA & EU23:22Ukraine, Montenegro, Albania, Liechtenstein and Norway join EU anti-Russia sanctions
- POLITICS22:37Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order
- RUSSIA21:53Russia opens criminal cases against six Ukraine’s Armed Forces commanders
- UA & EU21:04Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:21Donbas to revive hope to return to Ukraine, - Governor of Donetsk region
- SOCIETY19:37Most influential Ukrainian in the world passed away
- SOCIETY18:49Health Ministry to offer creation of Ukraine’s National Health Service
- SOCIETY18:05Law enforcement officers complete measures regarding mining of 112 Ukraine TV Channel
- POLITICS17:23Peskov denies Putin, Poroshenko talking in raised voice in Berlin
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:56, 24 October Ahtem Chyigoz hearings continued in the 'court' of occupied Crimea
18:29, 24 October Security Service shuts down illegal traffic chain