The matter of Savchenko’s release is settled, - Feygin
The pilot’s lawyer said negotiations to set her free are underway
Nadia Savchenko’s release is sealed, her lawyer Mark Feygin tweeted on Friday. “The court verdict in her case is a foregone conclusion, and so is the question of her release. The negotiations to send her home are underway”, he wrote.
Previously, Savchenko’s defense team presented new evidence in her case that proved the pilot’s innocence.
In mid-December 2015, Russian court ruled that the pilot stays in detention until April 2016. Protesting against that, she went on a hunger strike – the third one since the moment of her arrest by pro-Russia militants in summer 2014.
Nadia Savchenko, MP and former Ukraine’s Air Force officer, was captured by pro-Russian militants in eastern Ukraine in summer 2014. She says they captured her, forcefully brought her to Russia and passed her to Russian investigative authorities. Savchenko is charged with murder of two Russian reporters who worked in eastern Ukraine without any permission of the Ukrainian government. She is also charged with the illegal crossing of the Russian border. The pilot, her defense team and the Ukrainian government deny all charges, demanding to release her.
Peskov denies Putin, Poroshenko talking in raised voice in Berlin 24 October, 17:23
Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations 24 October, 21:04
Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order 24 October, 22:37
- POLITICS22:42German investigators to provide more information on Sheremet’s murder, - Ukrainian police
- POLITICS21:14NATO official: Alliance and Ukraine to enhance cooperation in security sector
- SOCIETY19:49Lutsenko: Heavenly Hundred murders may be considered by Hague
- FINANCE19:02Doing Business 2017 rating: Ukraine rises to 80th position
- UKRAINE CRISIS 18:18Stratfor: Motorola murdered either by militants or Russian special services
- POLITICS17:32Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine
- UA & EU16:48MEP: EU-Ukraine visa free regime could be voted before November 24
- POLITICS16:0014 Russian citizens detained during counter-terrorism operation in Germany
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:15Ukraine’s Helsinki Union creates center to document war crimes
- SOCIETY14:31US extends ban on flights of aircraft in Simferopol and Dnipropetrovsk
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas