The Llanelli Herald: Stephen Crabb confirms Prime Minister bid
“The government I intend to lead will choose the latter path – a path of optimism and pragmatism, which, I believe, will lead Britain to better days", he says
STEPHEN CRABB MP has officially confirmed his plan to become the leader of the Conservative party and next Prime Minister, replacing David Cameron.
Mr Crabb stated in the Daily Telegraph that: “The government I intend to lead will choose the latter path – a path of optimism and pragmatism, which, I believe, will lead Britain to better days.
“We cannot allow this leadership election to be defined by divisive labels like “Remainer” and “Brexiteer”. The quicker we can focus on the future, the better chance we have to unite our party and the country.
“I want to lead a government that delivers on the expectations of the 17 million people who voted for Britain to leave the EU. One of the overwhelming messages from that vote was the need to take back control of immigration policy in the UK. So for me, freedom of movement is a red line.
Read the whole article: Stephen Crabb confirms Prime Minister bid
- UA & EU20:19"PACE considers not expulsion of Russia but maintaining current status quo", - Ariev
- POLITICS19:33"Yesterday I was judged in Russia and today will be judged in Ukraine", - Savchenko
- SOCIETY18:45Sentsov placed in punishment cell for 15 days, - sister
- POLITICS18:00Belarus MFA handed protest note to Ambassador of Ukraine due to forced return of aircraft
- POLITICS17:12Ukraine is waging two wars - with Putin's occupiers and crime, - Lutsenko
- SOCIETY16:24Forensic psychological examination of Klykh showed he is mentally healthy
- POLITICS15:36Kyiv to seek Sentsov and Kolchenko's extradition under exchange procedure, - source
- SPORT14:51Ukrainian tennis player Elina Svitolina threatened in Moscow
- SOCIETY14:03Belavia’s passenger plane forcibly landed in Zhuliany airport in Kyiv
- POLITICS13:13Lutsenko: Every third local prosecutor replaced across Ukraine
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars