The Independent: British MPs to hold debates on repeated referendum on Brexit
Lawmakers will gather for the debates on September 5
The decision was made due to the record number of British citizens singing the respective petition; about 4 million people confirmed they wanted another vote on the UK’s part in the EU. The petition urges the British government to obey the rule, under which another plebiscite should take place in the country (The Independent).
During the June 23 referendum in the UK, only 52 percent of voters supported Brexit, with less than 75 percent overall turnout.
The British Parliament takes into consideration all petitions with at least 100,000 signatures.
As 112 International reported, the all-British referendum on exiting the EU took place on June 23. Almost 52 percent of voters supported the idea, while 48 percent voted for the country to stay in the EU.
Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations 24 October, 21:04
Ukraine to get visa-free regime until 24 November, - Poroshenko 23 October, 21:13
Steinmeier: EU might fall 24 October, 10:58
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:5925 attacks from Russia-backed militants reported, - ATO HQ
- UA & EU23:22Ukraine, Montenegro, Albania, Liechtenstein and Norway join EU anti-Russia sanctions
- POLITICS22:37Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order
- RUSSIA21:53Russia opens criminal cases against six Ukraine’s Armed Forces commanders
- UA & EU21:04Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:21Donbas to revive hope to return to Ukraine, - Governor of Donetsk region
- SOCIETY19:37Most influential Ukrainian in the world passed away
- SOCIETY18:49Health Ministry to offer creation of Ukraine’s National Health Service
- SOCIETY18:05Law enforcement officers complete measures regarding mining of 112 Ukraine TV Channel
- POLITICS17:23Peskov denies Putin, Poroshenko talking in raised voice in Berlin
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:56, 24 October Ahtem Chyigoz hearings continued in the 'court' of occupied Crimea
18:29, 24 October Security Service shuts down illegal traffic chain