The Hague should investigate Russia’s crimes during annexation of Crimea
The European Parliament passed respective resolution
The Hague International Court should start investigation on crimes committed by Russia during and after the illegal annexation of Crimea. That is mentioned in the resolution on Crimea approved by the European Parliament on February 4.
“The European Parliament calls on the Russian Federation authorities and the de facto authorities in Crimea, which are bound by international humanitarian law and international human rights law, to grant unimpeded access to Crimea for international institutions and independent experts from the OSCE, the United Nations and the Council of Europe (…); urges the international community, including the Hague Court, to start investigation of potential crimes committed during and after the illegal annexation of Crimea”, reads the document.
In the resolution, the European Parliament recommends to develop new sanctions against Russia due to the Crimea’s annexation. The authoritative body also supported the idea to create Geneva+ format for negotiations about de-occupation of Crimea, and condemned Crimea’s militarization by Russia, as well as its threat to plant nuclear weapons at the peninsula.
Previously, the European Parliament approved the signature of the Ukraine-Eurojust cooperation agreement.
Ukraine in Minsk offers to liquidate Donetsk and Luhansk republics 26 October, 21:49
Russia not to allow ICRC mission to Ukraine’s prisoners in Donbas 26 October, 19:34
Poroshenko receives credentials from Iraq and Azerbaijan Ambassadors 26 October, 20:56
- UKRAINE TOP 21:18Ukraine slaps Russian airlines with 28 million dollars fine
- RUSSIA19:47Foreign Ministry: Russia must release Sushchenko and other detained Ukrainians
- FINANCE19:00IMF confirm visit of their mission to Ukraine in November
- POLITICS18:14Amnesty International: Karpyuk, Klykh fell victims of Russian parody on justice
- POLITICS17:31Avakov: Russia can only be defeated by united worldwide opposition
- SPORT16:48Boxing: Lomachenko and Russian boxer pose wearing T-shirts with Ukrainian trident
- UKRAINE CRISIS 16:03Hug: More action by JCCC needed for successful disengagement in Donbas
- FINANCE15:17IMF mission to arrive to Ukraine in November
- SOCIETY14:30Sushchenko needs to be exchanged, - lawyer
- SOCIETY13:30Moscow court rejects appeal on Sushchenko’s arrest
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case