Crimean Tatars will not vote at elections to State Duma, - Umerov
"The organization of elections in the occupied territories will lead to the fact that the elections in the whole of Russia will be recognized as invalid"
Crimean Tatars will not vote at the elections to the State Duma of Russia, which will take place on September 18 in Crimea. This was announced by Deputy Chairman of the Mejlis of the Crimean Tatar people Ilmi Umerov, according to "Gromadske".
"Definitely the majority of Crimean Tatars will not participate in the elections. We urged them not to do this. The organization of elections in the occupied territories will lead to the fact that the elections in the whole of Russia will be recognized as invalid. And this is a huge cost, "- said Umerov.
Earlier, it was reported that the President of Ukraine Petro Poroshenko instructed Foreign Minister Pavlo Klimkin to inform the Russian leadership about the impossibility of holding elections to the State Duma on the Ukrainian territory.
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 16 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- POLITICS23:21MPs to increase themselves salaries as of November 1
- SOCIETY22:18Police arrests one of Inter TV Channel instigators
- SOCIETY21:39Russia refused to hand over Alexander Kolchenko to Ukraine
- SOCIETY20:34Searches at Kseniya Babych: Journalist reveals details
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:31OSCE SMM: Disarmament paused in Donbas
- POLITICS19:31Italy’s Renzi forces retreat from new sanctions on Russia
- POLITICS19:14New leak from WikiLeaks: Obama’s emails from 2008 campaign revealed
- UKRAINE TOP 18:35Searches at Kseniya Babych: National Union of Journalists of Ukraine express their concern
- SOCIETY18:17Searches at Kseniya Babych: Investigators believe first interrogation is most important
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars