Collapse on the Ukrainian-Polish border: more than 1 thousand cars stuck in lines at the checkpoints
Long lines continue for the second day at the Ukrainian-Polish border
The collapse on the Ukrainian-Polish border: more than 1 thousand cars are stuck in lines at the checkpoints. Transport collapse is caused by the fact that Poland resumed small border traffic with Ukraine in August 3, which had been suspended for a month. Border residents began massively crossing the border, thus creating kilometer-long queues.
The State Border Service is expecting that the situation on the border will last for another couple days.
As of 8:00 was the busiest crossing point was "Rava-Russkaya" with 280 cars in a queue. Checkpoint "Uhryniv" 200 cars. "Shegini" checkpoint holds nearly 200 cars. "Yagodyn auto" with 120 cars queue and a "Hrushev" with 80 are less busy.
"Krakovets" -100 cars. "Ustilug" - 70 cars in the queue. The least loaded checkpoint is "Smilnytsia" with around 30 vehicles.
The State Border Service noted that the reason for the queues is an outdated infrastructure of checkpoints, as travel corridors need to be expanded. The department states that they are trying to find a solution to the problem.
Football: We’re able to surprise Ukraine, - Kosovo coach 5 October, 14:53
Free Sentsov action at Ukraine’s film festival in Poland 23 October, 10:33
'Black Monday' strikes to protest abortion law in Poland 4 October, 12:55
In Moscow and Warsaw pass protest actions "Stop Putin" 14 October, 21:03
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:43Trilateral Contact Group meeting kicks off in Minsk
- SOCIETY15:05Novel “Airport” nominated for Shevchenko Award in Ukraine
- FINANCE14:58Groysman: Cabinet to raise minimal salary in Ukraine to USD 125
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:14‘DPR’ capture Ukrainian citizen, charge her with preparing to kidnap their comrade
- UA & EU13:30MP: Netherlands should take responsibility for decision on EU-Ukraine Association Agreement
- FINANCE12:17IMF mission delays visit to Ukraine
- POLITICS11:29Savchenko: ‘I came to support Ukrainians – even if I don’t leave Russia alive’
- POLITICS10:44Trump: Hillary could bring the U.S. to WWIII
- POLITICS10:00Savchenko reaches Russian court as hearing in Karpyuk, Klykh cases goes on
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:21OSCE SMM in Donbas reports limited access to disengagement areas
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas