The 12 vying to replace Ban Ki-moon propose dramatic changes for UN
After a preliminary vote in the UN it became clear who is to become the new Secretary General
Behind closed doors, UN had a preliminary vote for candidates for the post of the Secretary General of the organization, which is now occupied by Ban Ki-moon.
His mandate ends at the end of this year.
The leader of the voting and the most likely candidate for the post of Secretary General is a Portuguese Prime Minister Antonio Guterres.
On the second place, President of Slovenia Danilo Turk, on the third - acting Bulgarian Foreign Minister Irina Bokova. Fourth place was shared by the Foreign Minister in the government of Serbia Vuk Jeremic and Minister of Foreign Affairs of Macedonia, Srgjan Hasan Kerim.
This was reported by The UN News Center.
Zealand Prime Minister Helen Clark in fifth place, and three of the applicants at a time are on the sixth place: Slovak Foreign Minister Miroslav Lajcak, Minister of Foreign Affairs of Argentina Susana Malcorra and curator of the climate change program of Costa Rica's Christiana Figueres.
UNDP continues support for Donbas restoration 16 October, 11:03
Ukraine in UN: Occupied Crimea militarization is dangerous for Europe 13 October, 12:38
- POLITICS14:47Ukraine summons Syrian diplomat to protest against recognition of Crimea’s occupation
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:01No fatalities among Ukrainian servicemen in Donbas over last 24 hours
- SPORT12:30Klitschko: I hope to get my champion titles back this year
- FINANCE11:41Ukrzaliznytsia company evades taxes at sum of USD 50 million
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:58Steinmeier: EU might fall
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:15Bezsmertny: Real ‘disengagement line’ and one defined in Minsk agreements are different
- POLITICS09:28Chyigoz case: Another court session to be held on Monday
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:46Donbas: Mines hit Ukrainian positions in Luhansk region
- SPORT08:00Usyk gets WBO Fighter of the Year award
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:03Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported over the day
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars