Terrorist act in Nice: 84 dead, 150 wounded
Bastille Day celebration turns into bloodbath
According to Sky News, a truck ran into a crowd of people who were celebrating Bastille Day at the Promenade des Anglais, late at night on July 14. The driver, presumably Tunisian citizen, opened fire; later, the police also found heavy weaponry and explosives in the truck. The terrorist was shot dead by law enforcers. The attack claimed lives of at least 84 people; another 150 were wounded, 18 more are at hospitals - in critical condition.
In his speech to the fellow Frenchmen, President Francois Hollande said there were kids among the victims of the tragedy. The French leader said one can’t rule out the terroristic essence of the attack in Nice and urged to increase security measures. The emergency rule due to the tragedy in Nice will be running for three months.
The law enforcers assume ISIS is behind the terrorist act in Nice.
Poroshenko holds speech after Normandy Four meeting 20 October, 01:46
Merkel stresses importance of negotiations on Ukraine with Putin 20 October, 12:42
Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine 21 October, 15:58
Ukraine’s cyclist wins bronze at European Championship 23 October, 13:14
- UKRAINE CRISIS 07:53Donbas: 122 mm shells hit Bohuslavske, Luhansk region
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas: 12 attacks by Russia-backed militants since Monday evening
- POLITICS22:42German investigators to provide more information on Sheremet’s murder, - Ukrainian police
- POLITICS21:14NATO official: Alliance and Ukraine to enhance cooperation in security sector
- SOCIETY19:49Lutsenko: Heavenly Hundred murders may be considered by Hague
- FINANCE19:02Doing Business 2017 rating: Ukraine rises to 80th position
- UKRAINE CRISIS 18:18Stratfor: Motorola murdered either by militants or Russian special services
- POLITICS17:32Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine
- UA & EU16:48MEP: EU-Ukraine visa free regime could be voted before November 24
- POLITICS16:0014 Russian citizens detained during counter-terrorism operation in Germany
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas