Tense atmosphere on the border with Crimea is explained by rotation of Russian troops - Hordeyev
"Crimea is having a standard situation - a rotation of troops. There is another internal problem with the military deserters." - Andriy Hordeyev
Andriy Hordeyev, the head of the Kherson regional state administration, says that tense atmosphere on the administrative border of the Crimea with the mainland Ukraine is explained by rotation of Russian troops and problems associated with military deserters.
Hordeyev announced this on a press-conference in Kyiv, reports Ukrinform.
"There are a lot of rumors about what was happening in the occupied Crimea yesterday. And it is shame that Ukrainian media often blueprinted LifeNews. Crimea is having a standard situation - a rotation of troops. There is another internal problem with the military absentees," - said Hordeyev, assuring that the defense of the Kherson region is now on a high level.
Remind that, a checkpoint at the administrative border between the Crimea and Kherson region was suspended for citizens yesterday, August 7. Later movement through checkpoints "Kalanchak" and "Chaplinka" in the direction towards the Crimea was restored.
Russian law enforcement officers still do not allow passing of those, returning from the Crimea. Also the State Border Guard Service reminds that citizens can use checkpoint Chongar to leave Crimean peninsula. Eyewitnesses reported that in some areas of the peninsula began to establish other checkpoints were set up with participation of Russian traffic police officers and gunmen.
Panov and Zahtey in Lefortovo 14 October, 12:49
Ukraine sues Russia for illegal capture of its gas assets in Crimea 19 October, 11:27
- POLITICS16:0014 Russian citizens detained during counter-terrorism operation in Germany
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:15Ukraine’s Helsinki Union creates center to document war crimes
- SOCIETY14:31US extends ban on flights of aircraft in Simferopol and Dnipropetrovsk
- UKRAINE CRISIS 13:44Trilateral contact group returns to work in Minsk, - Tandyt
- SOCIETY12:55SBU interrogates Savchenko as witness in Ukraine’s territorial integrity infringement case
- SOCIETY11:58Lutkovska calls on Russia’s Ombudsman to rethink transfer of Sentsov, Kolchenko to Ukraine
- SOCIETY11:14Groysman: We conduct large-scale reform of local self-government in Ukraine
- SOCIETY10:3180 human rights organizations urge not to allow Russia to UN Human Rights Council
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:43Donbas conflict: 40 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- SOCIETY08:58Netherlands consider two options for MH17 trial
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:56, 24 October Ahtem Chyigoz hearings continued in the 'court' of occupied Crimea
18:29, 24 October Security Service shuts down illegal traffic chain