Teachers protest near the Parliament at Hrushevskoho Street in Kyiv
Activists demand to keep the funding of vocational schools
About a thousand teachers of technical and vocational schools came to the Parliament’s building at Hrushevskoho Street in central Kyiv, demanding that MPs do not cut the funding of vocational schools. The protest action is broadcasted by 112 Ukraine TV channel.
People ask to no cut down the funding, because there are people in vocational schools who can’t afford studying in other education facilities, 112 Ukraine correspondent said play-by-play.
According to UNIAN, about 200 people chant “Leave the technical education alone!”.
The Parliament is heavily guarded. Part of protesters tried to make it to the square in front of the Parliament’s building, but the security doesn’t let them in.
Watch the video:
112 Ukraine TV Channel wired to explode 24 October, 15:47
Police arrests one of Inter TV Channel instigators 21 October, 22:18
Most influential Ukrainian in the world passed away 24 October, 19:37
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas: 12 attacks by Russia-backed militants since Monday evening
- POLITICS22:42German investigators to provide more information on Sheremet’s murder, - Ukrainian police
- POLITICS21:14NATO official: Alliance and Ukraine to enhance cooperation in security sector
- SOCIETY19:49Lutsenko: Heavenly Hundred murders may be considered by Hague
- FINANCE19:02Doing Business 2017 rating: Ukraine rises to 80th position
- UKRAINE CRISIS 18:18Stratfor: Motorola murdered either by militants or Russian special services
- POLITICS17:32Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine
- UA & EU16:48MEP: EU-Ukraine visa free regime could be voted before November 24
- POLITICS16:0014 Russian citizens detained during counter-terrorism operation in Germany
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:15Ukraine’s Helsinki Union creates center to document war crimes
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas