Sytnyk: "Lutsenko's nomination as Prosecutor General to be last chance for Prosecutor General’s Office of Ukraine"
Director of the National Anti-Corruption Bureau of Ukraine has remarked that the task of new Prosecutor would be formation of such a board where employees have a totally different mindset
It is not the Prosecutor General’s Office of Ukraine that should be reformed, but the whole system should be changed. As Director of the National Anti-Corruption Bureau of Ukraine (NABU) Artem Sytnyk declared in an interview with LIGA.net.
According to him, the problem of the Prosecutor General’s Office of Ukraine is so serious that neither Prosecutor General will adjust everything on his/her own, independently of who he/she is.
Speaking of the possible nomination of Yurii Lutsenko as Prosecutor General, Mr Sytnyk said the Prosecutor General must be a person who will take responsibility for carrying out of the real reform of this board.
“And even if he does not have a legal education but he is able to do so, then this I consider the most important. I strongly believe that Yurii Lutsenko realizes the scope of the responsibility which he will take in case of his nomination. And I think that this appointment is the last chance both for the Prosecutor’s Office and all Ukraine”, - he added.
On March 29, the Parliament approved dismissal of Viktor Shokin as Prosecutor General by the President. In April 3 Petro Poroshenko signed Decree of Shokin’s dismissal from the position of the head of the Prosecutor General’s Office of Ukraine.
Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations 24 October, 21:04
Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order 24 October, 22:37
- POLITICS17:32Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine
- UA & EU16:48MEP: EU-Ukraine visa free regime could be voted before November 24
- POLITICS16:0014 Russian citizens detained during counter-terrorism operation in Germany
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:15Ukraine’s Helsinki Union creates center to document war crimes
- SOCIETY14:31US extends ban on flights of aircraft in Simferopol and Dnipropetrovsk
- UKRAINE CRISIS 13:44Trilateral contact group returns to work in Minsk, - Tandyt
- SOCIETY12:55SBU interrogates Savchenko as witness in Ukraine’s territorial integrity infringement case
- SOCIETY11:58Lutkovska calls on Russia’s Ombudsman to rethink transfer of Sentsov, Kolchenko to Ukraine
- SOCIETY11:14Groysman: We conduct large-scale reform of local self-government in Ukraine
- SOCIETY10:3180 human rights organizations urge not to allow Russia to UN Human Rights Council
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas