Survey: About two-thirds of Ukrainians support and trust Savchenko
The nationwide research was conducted by the SOCIS Centre
The survey has been conducted by SOCIS Centre through the request of 1+1 TV channel in all regions of Ukraine exceprt occupied Crimea and militant-held areas of Donbas.
68 percent of the surveyed Ukrainians said they trust the Church. The second place goes to servicemen of the Armed Forces (63). Half of the respondents said they trust the police. The media gained trust of 35 percent of all votes.
Those in power
President Petro Poroshenko gained 21 percent of the respondents. The highest level of trust of the citizens was recorded in Kyiv (52.7), while the lowest level of trust is observed in the southern regions of Ukraine (38.3 percent). 77.7 percent of surveyed women said they do not trust the President.
The new Prime Minister Volodymyr Groysman significantly overhauled his predecessor Arseniy Yatsenyuk (21.2 against 7.5 percent of the respondents). Besides, Yatseyuk gained more opponents than Groysman (91 against 66.2).
Interior Minister Arsen Avakov cannot boast wide support from fellow Ukrainians, as only 2 percent of surveyed compatriots said they trust him. Most of the respondents (77.3) said they don’t.
Lviv mayor Andriy Sadovy enjoys support of 35.8 percent of the surveyed Ukrainian citizens. Populist Oleg Lyashko comes second with 31.3. Yulia Tymoshenko “claims bronze” with 24.7 percent of the respondents.
Nadiya Savchenko, the Ukrainian fighter pilot who stays in detention in Russia, earned quite much sympathy and support of fellow Ukrainians as her rating made 68.3 percent. On the other hand, a quarter of the surveyed ones said they don’t trust her.
Svyatoslav Vakarchuk, famous Ukrainian rock performer, also gained a lot of trust of his compatriots (60.8 percent of votes).
Donbas: Avdiivka under mortar fire 13 October, 23:58
- POLITICS17:31Avakov: Russia can only be defeated by united worldwide opposition
- SPORT16:48Boxing: Lomachenko and Russian boxer pose wearing T-shirts with Ukrainian trident
- UKRAINE CRISIS 16:03Hug: More action by JCCC needed for successful disengagement in Donbas
- FINANCE15:17IMF mission to arrive to Ukraine in November
- SOCIETY14:30Sushchenko needs to be exchanged, - lawyer
- SOCIETY13:30Moscow court rejects appeal on Sushchenko’s arrest
- SOCIETY12:43112 Ukraine becomes best news TV channel 2016
- SOCIETY11:21Savchenko in Moscow walks on Red Square and visits Ukraine’s Embassy
- POLITICS10:32NATO describes rotation of forces in Eastern Europe
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:44Militants increase fire activity: 72 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case