Supporters and opponents of Odesa mayor fought near city hall
30 anti-mayor protesters stood against 400 activists supporting city mayor Hennadiy Trukhanov
The two meetings of the opposing sides took place at Dumskaya square in the downtown of Odesa, southern Ukraine.
Four hundred activists gathered to support Hennadiy Trukhanov, the city mayor, while 20 to 30 protesters reached the square to express their outrage at the city’s zoning for further building. Local fight took place between the two camps, but the police interfered and managed to calm down the tensions.
MPs from Oleg Lyashko’s Radical Party Andriy Lozovy and Ihor Mosiychuk reported that Trukhanov’s supporters dispersed the protesters as the police took no action to protect the latter. According to Mosiychuk, the vehicles that belong to protesters ‘are being blocked or even arrested; the police say that the cars might be wired’. Riot police is present at the site, too, Mosiychuk wrote.
The video below belongs to Timer outlet.
Watch the video:
Previously, protesters gathered under the building of the presidential administration in Kyiv, demanding Trukhanov’s resignation. Earlier, the Ukrainian media reported that the mayor of Odesa pointed he had Russian citizenship while filling registration documents of his offshore companies on Virgin Islands. The case involved 20 enterprises that are related to Odesa mayor and his inner circle.
Trukhanov himself denied the information about his Russian citizenship.
Ukraine in Minsk offers to liquidate Donetsk and Luhansk republics 26 October, 21:49
Poroshenko receives credentials from Iraq and Azerbaijan Ambassadors 26 October, 20:56
Russia not to allow ICRC mission to Ukraine’s prisoners in Donbas 26 October, 19:34
- FINANCE15:17IMF mission to arrive to Ukraine in November
- SOCIETY14:30Sushchenko needs to be exchanged, - lawyer
- SOCIETY13:30Moscow court rejects appeal on Sushchenko’s arrest
- SOCIETY12:43112 Ukraine becomes best news TV channel 2016
- SOCIETY11:21Savchenko in Moscow walks on Red Square and visits Ukraine’s Embassy
- POLITICS10:32NATO describes rotation of forces in Eastern Europe
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:44Militants increase fire activity: 72 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:05Russia sends its 57th humanitarian convoy to Donbas
- SOCIETY08:14Russia provides Netherlands with MH17 materials
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 28 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case