“Strategic seven” holds session at Presidential Administration
Leaders of the state seek ways for consensus on several candidacies in the new Cabinet
Ukraine’s leading political figures, the so-called “strategic seven”, are holding negotiations at the Presidential Administration in Kyiv. They are trying to find a way out of the political crisis and speed up the process of election of the new government.
The “strategic seven” consists of President Petro Poroshenko, Premier Arseniy Yatsenyuk, Head of Presidential Administration Borys Lozhkin, Speaker of the Parliament Volodymyr Groysman, Secretary of the National Security and Defense Council Olexandr Turchynov, Head of parliamentary faction of Petro Poroshenko’s Bloc Yuriy Lutsenko and Interior Minister Arsen Avakov.
According to reporter of 112 Ukraine TV channel, after five hours of talks, the negotiators can’t agree on several candidacies in the new government. If the MPs fail to elect the new Prime Minister, Poroshenko may very soon disband the Parliament. “Yuriy Lutsenko sends his teammates such messages. Besides, Petro Poroshenko’s Bloc may soon announce they’ve got a new candidate for Premier’s position. At the same time, Lutsenko’s teammate Serhiy Leshchenko says it would be nice to reconsider the candidacy of the current Finance Minister Nathalie Jaresko”, the reporter said.
On April 12, the MPs were supposed to vote for the new Prime Minister and the Cabinet. Odds were that the new government would be chaired by Volodymyr Groysman. However, the vote was delayed until Wednesday or Thursday.
Parliamentary hearing timed to Babi Yar’s 75th anniversary underway in Kyiv 27 September, 16:38
Poroshenko urges Parliament to vote for dismissal of oath-breaking judges 28 September, 07:45
Historian: Ukrainian nationalists never took part in Holocaust 27 September, 20:43
- SOCIETY16:27Militant Vokha to became new commander of Sparta separatist battalion after Motorola
- POLITICS15:41Russia interested in Ukraine unified within internationally recognized borders, - Peskov
- POLITICS14:52Belavia has recording of threats of Ukrainian air traffic controllers
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:05Two wounded, no dead in Donbas over past day, - Lysenko
- SPORT13:14Ukraine’s cyclist wins bronze at European Championship
- POLITICS12:34Ukraine’s Interpol to conduct internal review of Yanukovych allies’ charges
- UKRAINE CRISIS 11:2333 ceasefire violations in Donbas region reported, - ATO HQ
- SOCIETY10:33Free Sentsov action at Ukraine’s film festival in Poland
- SPORT09:49Ukraine’s athletes win five medals at World Cup in swimming
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:01Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars