Storm waves damaged several buildings in Rio de Janeiro
The main ramp of yacht berth Marina da Gloria, which is the sailing venue of the Rio games, collapsed partially on Saturday owing to the strong waves from the sea
Storm waves damaged several buildings in Rio de Janeiro.
The main ramp of yacht berth Marina da Gloria, which is the sailing venue of the Rio games, collapsed partially on Saturday owing to the strong waves from the sea. This is a building for sailing races. Besides, the buildings of TV studios of Copacabana beach are also damaged - they were planned to broadcast the Olympics. Workers remove the damage and strengthen the coast, fences from the waves are being installed.
Meanwhile, the Rio Olympic Park is finishing their final preparations for the Summer Games. Preparatory works are behind the schedule due to funding problems and the strongest political crisis over past few decades. The new section of the subway was opened only on Saturday. Organizers assure that everything will be ready at the opening.
Thousands of foreign tourists are already arriving at the city - the number of holiday-makers on Rio beaches has increased significantly. They weren't frightened neither by Zika virus spread, no by the organizational difficulties in Brazil. As it was reported earlier, Summer Olympics begin in Brazil this week - on Friday, the 5th of August.
Hug: More action by JCCC needed for successful disengagement in Donbas 27 October, 16:03
Sushchenko needs to be exchanged, - lawyer 27 October, 14:30
IMF mission to arrive to Ukraine in November 27 October, 15:17
- UKRAINE CRISIS 16:42Russian aviation drill airstrikes in Belarus airspace near Ukrainian border, - intelligence
- UA & EU16:31Poroshenko, Junker to discuss EU-Ukraine AA ratification by the Netherlands
- UA & EU15:46Netherlands may delay consultations on EU-Ukraine Association Agreement
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:30Ukrainian Defense Ministry reveals details of Makiivka night attack
- FINANCE14:13French company to store gas in Ukraine’s underground storages
- SPORT13:32Boxing: Usyk’s next fight set out for December 17
- POLITICS12:48Stoltenberg: NATO seeks no confrontation with Russia
- POLITICS12:01UN condemns attacks on schools in Haas village, Syria
- SOCIETY11:14Ukraine marks anniversary of 1944 release from the Nazis
- RUSSIA10:33Putin: Russia may resume gas supplies to Ukraine any moment
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case