Stoltenberg: NATO will continue to finance Afghan security forces until 2020
"Afghanistan still faces serious instability and violence, so the continuation of our political, military and financial cooperation is particularly important."
NATO will continue its mission in Afghanistan after 2016 and will finance the Afghan security forces until 2020. This was announced by NATO Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg during the press conference.
"Afghanistan still faces serious instability and violence, so the continuation of our political, military and financial cooperation is particularly important. That is why we have adopted today three decisions. The first is to continue our mission of "strong support" after 2016 through a flexible regional model ", - said Jens Stoltenberg at the NATO summit in Warsaw.
"The second - we got a strong national commitment to continue funding Afghan forces until 2020. And third, we have reaffirmed our support for the long-term political partnership and practical cooperation with Afghanistan." - Continued Jens Stoltenberg.
Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine 21 October, 15:58
Poroshenko to meet with Stoltenberg in Brussels 20 October, 10:25
- RUSSIA18:54American hacker defaced Russian MFA website and left warning
- SOCIETY18:06Strategic command-staff exercises "Rubizh-2016" completed in Ukraine
- SOCIETY17:18"State secret" stamp wouldn't be removed, but some documents will be opened, - Feygin
- SOCIETY16:27Militant Vokha to became new commander of Sparta separatist battalion after Motorola
- POLITICS15:41Russia interested in Ukraine unified within internationally recognized borders, - Peskov
- POLITICS14:52Belavia has recording of threats of Ukrainian air traffic controllers
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:05Two wounded, no dead in Donbas over past day, - Lysenko
- SPORT13:14Ukraine’s cyclist wins bronze at European Championship
- POLITICS12:34Ukraine’s Interpol to conduct internal review of Yanukovych allies’ charges
- UKRAINE CRISIS 11:2333 ceasefire violations in Donbas region reported, - ATO HQ
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars