Stoltenberg attended opening of trainings in Lviv region
NATO Secretary General do not recognize elections in militants-controlled Donbas
NATO Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg and President Petro Poroshenko opened the "Ukraine-2015" trainings on elimination of consequences of natural and man-made disasters on the Yavoriv training ground,
“During the training, special attention will be paid to informing people about the situation and to the measures taken to normalize it. These tasks will be implemented by joint international teams of media professionals. For the first time, a significant part of rescue operations will be carried out at night” - Poroshenko said.
As the NATO Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg noted, this week observers from the UN and EU, as well as from distant countries such as Jordan and Japan, joined the participants of the exercise. “I hope that this week we all will learn from each other. The experience of previous exercises allowed to save lives around the world,” - Stoltenberg said.
The NATO Secretary General added, that the NATO member states do not recognize elections in so-called DPR and LPR.
Joint international field exercises on liquidation of consequences of natural and man-made emergency situations “Ukraine-2015” will be held from 21 to 25 September at the Yavoriv training ground in Lviv region.
Earlier, the press service of the President reported that Stoltenberg, along with Poroshenko 21-22 September will open a military exercise in the Lviv region and will take part in a meeting of the NSDC. Stoltenberg in Kiev invited the President Poroshenko.
Russia bombers fly near Iceland passenger airliner 27 September, 09:47
Stoltenberg: NATO and allies to assist Ukraine via trust funds 20 October, 21:30
Sweden: Russia aggravates situation in the region 11 October, 12:38
NATO Secretary General: Those responsible for MH17 tragedy should be punished 29 September, 08:44
- SOCIETY14:31US extends ban on flights of aircraft in Simferopol and Dnipropetrovsk
- UKRAINE CRISIS 13:44Trilateral contact group returns to work in Minsk, - Tandyt
- SOCIETY12:55SBU interrogates Savchenko as witness in Ukraine’s territorial integrity infringement case
- SOCIETY11:58Lutkovska calls on Russia’s Ombudsman to rethink transfer of Sentsov, Kolchenko to Ukraine
- SOCIETY11:14Groysman: We conduct large-scale reform of local self-government in Ukraine
- SOCIETY10:3180 human rights organizations urge not to allow Russia to UN Human Rights Council
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:43Donbas conflict: 40 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- SOCIETY08:58Netherlands consider two options for MH17 trial
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:16Steinmeier: Minsk agreements help to prevent fire in the heart of Europe
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:5925 attacks from Russia-backed militants reported, - ATO HQ
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:56, 24 October Ahtem Chyigoz hearings continued in the 'court' of occupied Crimea
18:29, 24 October Security Service shuts down illegal traffic chain