Stoltenberg: Alliance increases military presence on its eastern borders
Russian aggression in Ukraine is the main reason, NATO Secretary General says
‘We saw Russia that uses military force against a sovereign European state. The aggression against Ukraine, the illegal annexation of Crimea, and that’s the major reason why we are now growing military presence at out eastern borders’, Jens Stoltenberg said.
According to him, it was Russia who violated Ukraine’s sovereignty and illegally occupied Crimea; that’s why NATO reacts to such actions.
Stoltenberg and Polish President Andrzej Duda agreed in their opening remarks that the Alliance understands possible threats coming from Russia; however, the NATO is set out for continuing dialogue with the Kremlin. ‘The Alliance’s doors stay open for all partners, in particular, Ukraine and Georgia, and this gathering, this Summit is taking place under tough conditions’, Stoltenberg said.
Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations 24 October, 21:04
Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order 24 October, 22:37
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:5925 attacks from Russia-backed militants reported, - ATO HQ
- UA & EU23:22Ukraine, Montenegro, Albania, Liechtenstein and Norway join EU anti-Russia sanctions
- POLITICS22:37Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order
- RUSSIA21:53Russia opens criminal cases against six Ukraine’s Armed Forces commanders
- UA & EU21:04Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:21Donbas to revive hope to return to Ukraine, - Governor of Donetsk region
- SOCIETY19:37Most influential Ukrainian in the world passed away
- SOCIETY18:49Health Ministry to offer creation of Ukraine’s National Health Service
- SOCIETY18:05Law enforcement officers complete measures regarding mining of 112 Ukraine TV Channel
- POLITICS17:23Peskov denies Putin, Poroshenko talking in raised voice in Berlin
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:56, 24 October Ahtem Chyigoz hearings continued in the 'court' of occupied Crimea
18:29, 24 October Security Service shuts down illegal traffic chain