Steinmeier urged Ukraine and Russia to refrain from escalation of the situation
Germany hopes for dialogue between Ukraine and the Russian Federation on the events in Crimea
Germany calls on Ukraine and the Russian Federation to refrain from further escalation of the situation after the provocations in Crimea. This is reported in the statement of the Foreign Minister of Germany Frank-Walter Steinmeier.
"We expect both sides to refrain from steps that could lead to a further escalation of the situation", - said in a statement.
At the same time, he urged both sides to continue to work on the implementation of the Minsk agreements.
"For several weeks, we have been working on an agreement on the withdrawal of the parties in conflict. We failed to implement it because of intransigence on both sides. Despite intensive efforts, there is also neither progress in improving the security situation in the eastern part of Ukraine, nor regarding an agreement on local elections ", - said Steinmeier.
Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations 24 October, 21:04
EU is ready to discuss introducing new sanctions against Russia 13 October, 10:27
Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine 21 October, 15:58
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 28 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:14OSCE Representative to visit occupied Donbas, meet Ukraine’s hostages
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:31Next Trilateral Contact Group meeting in Minsk planned for November 9
- UKRAINE CRISIS 21:49Ukraine in Minsk offers to liquidate Donetsk and Luhansk republics
- POLITICS20:56Poroshenko receives credentials from Iraq and Azerbaijan Ambassadors
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:18Ukraine in Minsk insists on primacy security issues and OSCE border control
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:34Russia not to allow ICRC mission to Ukraine’s prisoners in Donbas
- FINANCE18:44Groysman provides electronic declaration of his possessions
- POLITICS17:57Poroshenko receives credentials from Ambassador of Poland Jan Peklo
- SOCIETY17:15Russia's Supreme Court upheld Karpyuk, Klykh sentences
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case