Steinmeier called on EU not to retaliate Britain
German Foreign Minister encouraged EU to focus on security issues, migration, economic growth and fighting unemployment
The remaining 27 countries of the European Union after Brexit should not retaliate Britain. This was said on German TV by German Foreign Minister Frank-Walter Steinmeier, writes Reuters.
Steinmeier advocates gradual easing of sanctions against Russia
He urged the EU to focus on security issues, migration, economic growth and fighting unemployment.
According to Steinmeier, the EU will undertake the difficult negotiations on the terms of the United Kingdom leaving the EU.
A referendum on the the exit of Great Britain from the European Union was held on 23 June. According to official results, 51.9% of the British voted for the country's exit from the community, 48.1% - would like to stay in the EU. For Brexit voted most residents of England and Wales, the people of Scotland and Northern Ireland voted against.
EU Committee endorses mechanism of visa free regime suspension 8 December, 14:03
EU Parliament to consider suspension mechanism next week 9 December, 12:15
Tusk: 'Final stretch towards visa free travel for Ukraine' 8 December, 16:57
Klimkin, Spain Foreign Minister agree to intensify bilateral contacts 8 December, 19:14
- europe12:17Freight train derailed in Bulgaria, there are victims
- UKRAINE TOP 11:31Every effort is made to return political prisoners from Russia, - Poroshenko
- POLITICS10:46CIA identified individuals who helped Russia intervene in US elections
- UKRAINE TOP 10:09SAP calls Onishchenko for questioning on December 13
- SOCIETY09:25Suicide bombers kill 56 people in Nigeria
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:2831 attack reported in Donbas, - ATO HQ
- UKRAINE TOP 07:41Ukrainian who put up "Heavenly Hundred Street" sign on the house was detained in Crimea
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:4914 attacks reported in Donbas, - ATO HQ
- asia23:17UN General Assembly called for immediate cessation of hostilities in Syria
- POLITICS22:51Manafort claimed that “shadow accounting” documents are fake
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
00:18, 10 December Yanukovych avoids coming to Prosecutor General's Office in Kyiv
23:59, 9 December European Parliament approves visa-free regime suspension mechanism