Steinmeier advocates gradual easing of sanctions against Russia
He proposed to consider to "gradually remove sanctions" when reaching "significant progress" in implementation of "Minsk-2"
German Foreign Minister considers it wrong to leave unchanged anti-Russian sanctions until the full execution of the Minsk agreements. The head of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs Frank-Walter Steinmeier stated this, speaking to businessmen in Berlin, reports "Ukrinform".
"My proposal was as follows: there should not be forbidden to talk about whether there is a reasonable use of the Minsk agreements to sanctions regime", - said Steinmeier.
He proposed to consider in order to "gradually remove sanctions" when reaching "significant progress" in the implementation of the Minsk-2. He believes that this would stimulate Moscow to further fulfilling the Minsk agreement provisions.
Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine 21 October, 15:58
EU is ready to discuss introducing new sanctions against Russia 13 October, 10:27
Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations 24 October, 21:04
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:5925 attacks from Russia-backed militants reported, - ATO HQ
- UA & EU23:22Ukraine, Montenegro, Albania, Liechtenstein and Norway join EU anti-Russia sanctions
- POLITICS22:37Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order
- RUSSIA21:53Russia opens criminal cases against six Ukraine’s Armed Forces commanders
- UA & EU21:04Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:21Donbas to revive hope to return to Ukraine, - Governor of Donetsk region
- SOCIETY19:37Most influential Ukrainian in the world passed away
- SOCIETY18:49Health Ministry to offer creation of Ukraine’s National Health Service
- SOCIETY18:05Law enforcement officers complete measures regarding mining of 112 Ukraine TV Channel
- POLITICS17:23Peskov denies Putin, Poroshenko talking in raised voice in Berlin
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:56, 24 October Ahtem Chyigoz hearings continued in the 'court' of occupied Crimea
18:29, 24 October Security Service shuts down illegal traffic chain