State Fiscal Service: Shuster evaded taxes
The respective criminal case is under investigation, the agency’s press service reports
Journalist Savik Shuster is involved in the case about evading taxes, State Fiscal Service reported on Wednesday.
The agency said that “in 2008, Shuster got a loan worth of 1.3 million Euros and didn’t return the debt on time. Besides, he didn’t provide his declaration of incomes and evaded taxes on the sum of about 70 thousand US dollars, which is considered particularly large sum in the Ukrainian law”. The Service now plans to check if Shuster fully paid taxes from the unreturned loan.
According to the governmental agency, Savik Shuster was summoned to prosecutor’s office to testify in the case three times, so he apparently knew the case was actually opened.
As 112 International reported, the Social Ministry canceled Shuster's work permit. The reporter treated this as an assault of freedom of speech and media freedom and announced hunger strike, demanding to get him his work back.
Savik Shuster has been working in Ukraine since 2005. He has been a host of his own talk shows “Svoboda Slova” (“Freedom of Speech”), “Svoboda Savika Shustera” (“Freedom of Savik Shuster”) and “Shuster LIVE” on a number of Ukrainian TV channels.
NATO Secretary General: Those responsible for MH17 tragedy should be punished 29 September, 08:44
Dutch FM calls Russia's Ambassador due to MH17 investigation criticism 30 September, 17:22
Interior Ministry to interview Pugachov on September 26-28 26 September, 12:39
Mogherini: International community should support MH17 investigation 29 September, 13:35
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:5925 attacks from Russia-backed militants reported, - ATO HQ
- UA & EU23:22Ukraine, Montenegro, Albania, Liechtenstein and Norway join EU anti-Russia sanctions
- POLITICS22:37Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order
- RUSSIA21:53Russia opens criminal cases against six Ukraine’s Armed Forces commanders
- UA & EU21:04Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:21Donbas to revive hope to return to Ukraine, - Governor of Donetsk region
- SOCIETY19:37Most influential Ukrainian in the world passed away
- SOCIETY18:49Health Ministry to offer creation of Ukraine’s National Health Service
- SOCIETY18:05Law enforcement officers complete measures regarding mining of 112 Ukraine TV Channel
- POLITICS17:23Peskov denies Putin, Poroshenko talking in raised voice in Berlin
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:56, 24 October Ahtem Chyigoz hearings continued in the 'court' of occupied Crimea
18:29, 24 October Security Service shuts down illegal traffic chain