Сonsultations between Ukraine, the EU and Russia on Agreement on the Association with the EU are resulteless
As reported by a spokesman for the Russian president, Dmitry Peskov, attempts to discuss the Agreement so far have failed
Сonsultations between Ukraine, the EU and Russia on entry into force of the Agreement on the Association with the EU and Ukraine do not give results. It said by a spokesman for the Russian president, Dmitry Peskov, reports Interfax.
"Unfortunately, our contacts with the Europeans and the Ukrainians don't bring the desired results, and the implications of the entry into force of this agreement, as before, still remain negative. Attempts to discuss these issues so far have failed," - said Peskov.
Earlier, German Chancellor Angela Merkel stated that the Free Trade Agreement between the EU-Ukraine is not aimed against Russia.
It is recalled that the as of January 1, Russia to introduce economic sanctions against Ukraine and to strengthen customs control. According to the Russian Prime Minister, is due to the decision to enact Ukraine Association Agreement with the EU. It's worth to mention that the EU supports the entry into force of the FTA on January 1, 2016
However, Prime Minister of Ukraine Arseniy Yatsenyuk at the Cabinet meeting said earlier that Ukraine is ready for Russian food embargo and is ready to respond in kind as well. According to him, the markets for Ukrainian products are those of European Union.
Russia: Preparations for Normandy talks meeting underway 10 October, 11:21
Kyiv not to congratulate Putin on his birthday, - Peskov 7 October, 20:15
Kremlin doubts success of Normandy four meeting in Berlin 19 October, 16:57
Peskov denies Putin, Poroshenko talking in raised voice in Berlin 24 October, 17:23
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas: 12 attacks by Russia-backed militants since Monday evening
- POLITICS22:42German investigators to provide more information on Sheremet’s murder, - Ukrainian police
- POLITICS21:14NATO official: Alliance and Ukraine to enhance cooperation in security sector
- SOCIETY19:49Lutsenko: Heavenly Hundred murders may be considered by Hague
- FINANCE19:02Doing Business 2017 rating: Ukraine rises to 80th position
- UKRAINE CRISIS 18:18Stratfor: Motorola murdered either by militants or Russian special services
- POLITICS17:32Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine
- UA & EU16:48MEP: EU-Ukraine visa free regime could be voted before November 24
- POLITICS16:0014 Russian citizens detained during counter-terrorism operation in Germany
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:15Ukraine’s Helsinki Union creates center to document war crimes
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas