Son of former Kyiv mayor is detained on suspicion of money laundering in Spain
11 detained with the Russians and the Ukrainians among them
11 detained in Spain on suspicion of money laundering, according to El Mundo. Among them – Stepan Chernovetsky, the son of former Kyiv mayor Leonid Chernovetsky.
Reportedly, police officer conducted a search in Japanese food restaurant Yubari in Barcelona, belonging to an Armenian businessman Arman Mailyan. Police suppose the restaurant was an umbrella for money laundering. The case involves 10 million Euro.
Besides, the searches were also made in Girona and Sagaro on Costa Brava Coast. The Russian and Ukrainian citizens are among the arrested. The arrested are accused of criminal organization set-up, money laundering, forgery and crimes against treasury.
Let’s note that Stepan Chernovetsky was a Deputy of Kyiv City Council in 2008 – 2009, member of faction “Bloc Chernovetskogo”, but stepped down to organize boxing tournaments. In December 2015 ex-mayor reported his intention to pass his business to Stepan Chernovetsky and to enter politics in Georgia.
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:5925 attacks from Russia-backed militants reported, - ATO HQ
- UA & EU23:22Ukraine, Montenegro, Albania, Liechtenstein and Norway join EU anti-Russia sanctions
- POLITICS22:37Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order
- RUSSIA21:53Russia opens criminal cases against six Ukraine’s Armed Forces commanders
- UA & EU21:04Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:21Donbas to revive hope to return to Ukraine, - Governor of Donetsk region
- SOCIETY19:37Most influential Ukrainian in the world passed away
- SOCIETY18:49Health Ministry to offer creation of Ukraine’s National Health Service
- SOCIETY18:05Law enforcement officers complete measures regarding mining of 112 Ukraine TV Channel
- POLITICS17:23Peskov denies Putin, Poroshenko talking in raised voice in Berlin
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:56, 24 October Ahtem Chyigoz hearings continued in the 'court' of occupied Crimea
18:29, 24 October Security Service shuts down illegal traffic chain