Soloshenko and Afanasyev to be exchaged for Odesa journalists accused of separatism
They are to be exhanged for Olena Hlyshchynska and Vitaliy Didenko
Detained Ukrainians in Russia Yuriy Soloshenko and Gennadiy Afanasyev will be exchanged for two Odesa journalists convicted in separatism. "Dumskaya" reports this.
According to the preliminary data, the airplane with the journalists has already taken off from Odesa.
Accused of separatism Hlyschynska and Didenko were among the organizers and active participants of the so-called "People's Bessarabia Parliament". According to the chairman of the SBU Vitaliy Hrytsak, it was a part of the destabilization plan that Russian security services have started implementing in 2015. It had been planned to carry out political assassinations (MP Olexiy Honcharenko in particular), to blow up bridges and cutting off the south of the Odesa region from the rest of the territory of Ukraine, to introduce the troops, to proclaim an "independent Bessarabia" and destabilize the situation in Ukraine, Moldova and Romania.
As a result of active opposition these plans were prevented by the SBU. The Service carried out the arrests in March and April. Artem Buzila, Vitaliy Didenko, Olena Hlyschynska were among the detained journalists. Subsequently Buzila was sentenced to four years of imprisonment, he was released a year later on the will of the "Savchenko law" and immediately left Ukraine. Hlyschinska and Didenko are to leave for Russia today.
The SBU arrested the “Novaya Volna” TV Station Director Olena Hlyshchynska in April 2015. She gave birth to a son in prison eighteen month ago. In addition, she has two more children.
Vitaliy Didenko is the chief editor of "Infocentr" website that belongs to separatist Anton Davidchenko. During the arrest Didenko tried to escape from the SBU and jumped from the 3rd floor of the apartment, resulting in several fractures. During the search the law enforcement officers discovered cocaine in his apartment. The court sentenced Didenko to three years of imprisonment, the case is under appeal now.
Merkel stresses importance of negotiations on Ukraine with Putin 20 October, 12:42
Russia against return of Debaltsevo under control of Ukraine, - Peskov 20 October, 20:01
Normandy four meeting finished, Poroshenko leaves 20 October, 00:58
Poroshenko holds speech after Normandy Four meeting 20 October, 01:46
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:36OSCE SMM: Disarmament paused in Donbas
- POLITICS19:31Italy’s Renzi forces retreat from new sanctions on Russia
- POLITICS19:14New leak from WikiLeaks: Obama’s emails from 2008 campaign revealed
- UKRAINE TOP 18:35Searches at Kseniya Babych: National Union of Journalists of Ukraine express their concern
- SOCIETY18:17Searches at Kseniya Babych: Investigators believe first interrogation is most important
- POLITICS17:29Putin, Russian Security Council discuss Normandy talks
- SOCIETY16:40Searches at Kseniya Babych: Russia may have plan to threaten journalists
- UKRAINE TOP 16:30Searches at Kseniya Babych: after 3 hours an interview at the Investigation Committee is over
- POLITICS15:58Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine
- UKRAINE TOP 15:18Searches at Kseniya Babych: 112 Ukraine TV channel statement
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars