Sister of Nadiya Savchenko banned from entering Russia until 2020
About the prohibition Vira Savchenko was told while crossing the border
Federal Security Service of the Russian Federation banned the entrance to the country for Vira Savchenko, the sister of Nadiya Savchenko until 2020, the defense lawyer of imprisoned Ukrainian pilot Mark Feygin stated at his Twitter page.
"At the checkpoint Cherkovo-Melovoe, on the border between Russia and Ukraine, Vira Savchenko was informed that the Federal Security Service forbade her entry into the Russian Federation," he stated.
The lawyer states that Nadiya Savchenko is now deprived of the right to defense since her sister Vira was declared the sole witness for the accused at the trial. Feygin promises that Federal Security Service's decision to ban Vira Savchenko from entering the territory of the Russian Federation will be appealed.
As it was reported before, the possibility of transfer of Ukrainian pilot Nadiya Savchenko to serve a sentence in Ukraine will be considered only after the court's verdict with the mandatory condition of its recognition by Ukraine and guarantees to implement this decision at homeland, announced the press service of the Ministry of Justice of Russia.
Nadiya Savchenko, Ukrainian MP and former Armed Forces servant, is accused of killing two employees of Russian television, which in summer of the past year were near Luhansk without the permission of the Ukrainian authorities. Russian prosecution claims that Savchenko led adjustment of fire during the bombardment by the Ukrainian military. Also, pilot is accused of illegally crossing the Russian border.
Searches at Kseniya Babych: Journalist reveals details 21 October, 20:34
Russia refused to hand over Alexander Kolchenko to Ukraine 21 October, 21:39
- RUSSIA18:54American hacker defaced Russian MFA website and left warning
- SOCIETY18:06Strategic command-staff exercises "Rubizh-2016" completed in Ukraine
- SOCIETY17:18"State secret" stamp wouldn't be removed, but some documents will be opened, - Feygin
- SOCIETY16:27Militant Vokha to became new commander of Sparta separatist battalion after Motorola
- POLITICS15:41Russia interested in Ukraine unified within internationally recognized borders, - Peskov
- POLITICS14:52Belavia has recording of threats of Ukrainian air traffic controllers
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:05Two wounded, no dead in Donbas over past day, - Lysenko
- SPORT13:14Ukraine’s cyclist wins bronze at European Championship
- POLITICS12:34Ukraine’s Interpol to conduct internal review of Yanukovych allies’ charges
- UKRAINE CRISIS 11:2333 ceasefire violations in Donbas region reported, - ATO HQ
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars