Short-stay visas in Schengen countries might be abolished for Russians
The idea was voiced by French Ambassador in Russia Jean-Maurice Ripert
France advocates the abolition of short-stay visas in Schengen countries for Russians. This was stated by the Ambassador of France in Russia Jean-Maurice Ripert, speaking at the opening of the visa center in Moscow, Interfax.
"It is the wish of France, but still can not reach agreement with the other countries of the Schengen agreement. It is our goal," said Ripert.
"We believe that there is no migration risk in Russia," added the ambassador. He said France also supports exchange programs for students of Russian and French high schools. Recalling, Ripert previously stated that, despite the Russian aggression in eastern Ukraine, Russia is a partner of France.
Earlier it was reported that the European Union and the US is preparing to extend sanctions against Russia by 2016 against a background of reducing prospects of Minsk deal in Ukraine.
Moscow court rejects appeal on Sushchenko’s arrest 27 October, 13:30
Sushchenko needs to be exchanged, - lawyer 27 October, 14:30
Savchenko in Moscow walks on Red Square and visits Ukraine’s Embassy 27 October, 11:21
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas conflict: 21 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- POLITICS23:07Yanukovych can not be interrogated due to absence of video conferencing system
- FINANCE22:17Poland Deputy PM: Doubling of minimum salary in Ukraine is unpleasant surprise
- POLITICS21:34Russia is not re-elected to UN Human Rights Council
- SOCIETY20:43Savchenko’s declaration: Sister’s cars and mother’s land
- UA & EU20:04Schulz: European Parliament is on Ukraine’s side
- SOCIETY19:14Halloween is coming in Ukraine
- UA & EU18:43Tusk: EU needs to complete internal procedures for granting visa liberation to Ukraine
- UKRAINE CRISIS 17:59Russian aviation drill airstrikes in Belarus airspace near Ukrainian border, - intelligence
- POLITICS17:29Russian forces may reach Tallinn and Riga in 60 hours max, - RAND report
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case