Sevastopol afraid of food shortage
The municipal authorities will negotiate with Russian producers on direct food supplies, the city hall’s press service says
Municipal authorities of Sevastopol will meet with producers of Krasnodar Krai, Stavropol Territory and Rostov region, so as to ensure direct food supplies to distribution networks in Sevastopol. The city hall’s press service reported this December 23 (Krym. Realii)
“Besides, there is a chance that storms in January and February will affect the work of the ferry line from Russia to Crimea, so it’s necessary to take preventive measures for the commodity stocks in the city to increase”, the message says.
Poor food supplies in Sevastopol are due to the power shortages in Crimea. Salesmen are forced to cut the food stocks, since short-lived commodities can’t be stored properly without electricity.
As is known, in October 2015, a transmission tower at a power line in Kherson region was blown up, which caused the blackout and temporary power failure on the entire territory of the Russian-occupied peninsula. Since then, residents of the peninsula have been experiencing power shortages, even though Ukraine particularly restored the electricity supplies to Crimea. November 22, the so-called Crimean government announced the state of emergency due to the blackout. Currently, the peninsula uses power supplies both from Russia and Ukraine.
Ukraine in UN: Occupied Crimea militarization is dangerous for Europe 13 October, 12:38
Ukraine sues Russia for illegal capture of its gas assets in Crimea 19 October, 11:27
PACE adopts two resolutions on Ukraine 13 October, 08:35
Panov and Zahtey in Lefortovo 14 October, 12:49
- SOCIETY14:03Belavia’s passenger plane forcibly landed in Zhuliany airport in Kyiv
- POLITICS13:13Lutsenko: Every third local prosecutor replaced across Ukraine
- RUSSIA12:28Klykh grew insane due to tortures in Russia, - human rights defender
- RUSSIA11:46Russia presents FIFA World Cup 2018 mascot
- RUSSIA11:01Justice Minister: ‘Kremlin will recognize Sentsov, Kolchenko’s Ukrainian citizenship’
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:17Donbas: ‘Grad’ missile launchers shell Troitske, Luhansk region
- SOCIETY09:30UN Security Council: Assad regime responsible for three chemical attacks
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 16 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- POLITICS23:21MPs to increase themselves salaries as of November 1
- SOCIETY22:18Police arrests one of Inter TV Channel instigators
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars