Serbia accused Hungarian authorities for breaking international law
Hungary introduced new stricter rules for crossing Hungarian borders, allowing it to return refugees to Serbia
Government of Serbia accused Hungarian authorities for tightening border control and breaking international law.
Recall that Hungary introduced new stricter rules for crossing Hungarian borders, which came into force this Tuesday. According to these new rules Hungarian police can sent the migrants back from the border to the Serbian territory. This practically makes people waiting in 8 km area in transit zones on the border are now caught and returned to Serbia.
The UN Refugee Agency has criticized Hungarian actions, insisting that Hungary is denying refugees the possibility to ask for asylum. "Today, the protection of Hungary and of Europe is the government's task," said Janos Lazar, Prime Minister Viktor Orban's chief of staff. "For Hungary, security is the most important question. Stopping illegal immigration is a key issue."
Earlier this week Hungary announced it will hold a referendumon October 2 to decide whether the country will honour an asylum seeker quota decided by the EU. PM Orban's government oppose the EU programme to relocate 160,000 refugees across the Union.
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:5925 attacks from Russia-backed militants reported, - ATO HQ
- UA & EU23:22Ukraine, Montenegro, Albania, Liechtenstein and Norway join EU anti-Russia sanctions
- POLITICS22:37Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order
- RUSSIA21:53Russia opens criminal cases against six Ukraine’s Armed Forces commanders
- UA & EU21:04Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:21Donbas to revive hope to return to Ukraine, - Governor of Donetsk region
- SOCIETY19:37Most influential Ukrainian in the world passed away
- SOCIETY18:49Health Ministry to offer creation of Ukraine’s National Health Service
- SOCIETY18:05Law enforcement officers complete measures regarding mining of 112 Ukraine TV Channel
- POLITICS17:23Peskov denies Putin, Poroshenko talking in raised voice in Berlin
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:56, 24 October Ahtem Chyigoz hearings continued in the 'court' of occupied Crimea
18:29, 24 October Security Service shuts down illegal traffic chain