Sentsov’s return is now in hands of politicians, - filmmaker’s sister
Natalya Kaplan says lawyers did everything within their powers by now
‘Currently, Oleg is in some sort of apathy; he ceased to write – no stories, no scenarios, no literary activity at all. Basically, we just communicate by phone calls. Letters are always a lottery, as Oleg doesn’t receive much of them’, Sentsov’s sister Natalya Kaplan said in the commentary to 112 Ukraine TV channel.
‘Now, his return to Ukraine now depends on the politicians, not the lawyers. In terms of judiciary procedures, we’ve done everything we could’, Kaplan stressed.
Commenting on the public action planned in Kyiv to celebrate Sentsov’s 40th birthday, his sister said it such steps are extremely important. ‘People should remember there is such a man named Oleg Sentsov, and it’s important for him, too. He doesn’t know about this action in Kyiv yet’, Natalya Kaplan concluded.
Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine 21 October, 15:58
Searches at Kseniya Babych: Russia may have plan to threaten journalists 21 October, 16:40
Russia refused to hand over Alexander Kolchenko to Ukraine 21 October, 21:39
Searches at Kseniya Babych: Journalist reveals details 21 October, 20:34
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 16 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- POLITICS23:21MPs to increase themselves salaries as of November 1
- SOCIETY22:18Police arrests one of Inter TV Channel instigators
- SOCIETY21:39Russia refused to hand over Alexander Kolchenko to Ukraine
- SOCIETY20:34Searches at Kseniya Babych: Journalist reveals details
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:31OSCE SMM: Disarmament paused in Donbas
- POLITICS19:31Italy’s Renzi forces retreat from new sanctions on Russia
- POLITICS19:14New leak from WikiLeaks: Obama’s emails from 2008 campaign revealed
- UKRAINE TOP 18:35Searches at Kseniya Babych: National Union of Journalists of Ukraine express their concern
- SOCIETY18:17Searches at Kseniya Babych: Investigators believe first interrogation is most important
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars