Sentence in Savchenko’s case: reactions of Ukrainian politicians
The officials unanimously condemn the pilot’s imprisonment in Russia
President Petro Poroshenko
Ukraine will never – never! – recognize neither the trial, not the sentence in Nadiya Savchenko’s case. It was a disgraceful trial perpetrated by the aggressor state against Ukraine’s Officer, who protected her Motherland from enemy invasion, like she was supposed to.
During the Normandy format meetings, Putin claimed he would bring Nadiya Savchenko back to Ukraine after the trial is over. It’s time to fulfill the promise.
In turn, I’m ready to handle over two Russian troopers detained in Ukraine, as they participated in the military aggression against Ukraine. After the trial in their case is over, I’m ready to ensure their passage to Russia. That kind of approach is in line with Article 6 of Minsk agreements foreseeing the “all for all” exchange.
I believe our joint efforts will be crowned with success, and our heroine, our bravest woman will get back home to build a new Ukraine together with us.
Foreign Minister Pavlo Klimkin
The sentence is quite expected, but still a very painful one. It’s not the end of our struggle. It’s the beginning of its new stage to #FreeSavchenko.
Prime Minister Arseniy Yatseniuk
The power of spirit of the Ukrainian nation is unbreakable. Nadiya Savchenko is stronger than hundreds of Kremlin-organized trials – she will be free!
Searches at Kseniya Babych: Russia may have plan to threaten journalists 21 October, 16:40
Searches at Kseniya Babych: Journalist reveals details 21 October, 20:34
Russia refused to hand over Alexander Kolchenko to Ukraine 21 October, 21:39
Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine 21 October, 15:58
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:01Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported
- SOCIETY21:12FSB ensnared Sushchenko in Moscow by preparing trap, - Feygin
- UA & EU20:24"PACE considers not expulsion of Russia but maintaining current status quo", - Ariev
- POLITICS19:36"Yesterday I was judged in Russia and today will be judged in Ukraine", - Savchenko
- SOCIETY18:47Sentsov placed in punishment cell for 15 days, - sister
- POLITICS18:00Belarus MFA handed protest note to Ambassador of Ukraine due to forced return of aircraft
- POLITICS17:12Ukraine is waging two wars - with Putin's occupiers and crime, - Lutsenko
- SOCIETY16:24Forensic psychological examination of Klykh showed he is mentally healthy
- POLITICS15:36Kyiv to seek Sentsov and Kolchenko's extradition under exchange procedure, - source
- SPORT14:51Ukrainian tennis player Elina Svitolina threatened in Moscow
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars