Sen. McCain refused to monitor elections in self-proclaimed LPR
I do not typically monitor the elections of imaginary countries - McCain
Leader of the self-proclaimed Luhansk People’s Republic (LPR) Ihor Plotnitsky invited senior United States Senator from Arizona John McCain to come as an observer to the elections in LPR, TASS. “I would like to ask you, as the free press, to convey my invitation to the most upright man, the world’s most democratic democrat who travels the world teaching the rules of democracy,” he said at the yesterday's news conference.
The answer of John McCain was quick: “While I do not typically monitor the elections of imaginary countries, I am grateful for this unique invitation”.
“If the so-called ‘Luhansk People’s Republic’ is interested in democratic elections, I suggest its adherents put down their weapons and participate in the next round of elections in a free and united Ukraine,” noted Senate Armed Services Committee chairman.
Self-proclaimed leaders of Donetsk and Luhansk People's Rupublic scheduled local elections for October 18, while regular local elections in Ukraine to be held October 25.
Press center of Central Electoral Board (CEB) states that elections to 91 local councils in Donetsk region and to 31 local councils in Luhansk region will bot be held due to the hostilities. The number of people, deprived of the right to vote exceeds 1 mln.
Nuland goes to Moscow to discuss Donbas 4 October, 08:37
Poroshenko invites American companies to join National Investment Council 28 September, 19:33
Pentagon spots unsuccessful launch of North Korea ballistic missile 16 October, 13:07
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:03Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported over the day
- UA & EU21:13Ukraine to get visa-free regime until 24 November, - Poroshenko
- POLITICS20:25"All Minsk agreements are transparent", - Poroshenko
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:40OSCE again reports on limiting access to three sites of disangagement
- RUSSIA18:54American hacker defaced Russian MFA website and left warning
- SOCIETY18:06Strategic command-staff exercises "Rubizh-2016" completed in Ukraine
- SOCIETY17:18"State secret" stamp wouldn't be removed, but some documents will be opened, - Feygin
- SOCIETY16:27Militant Vokha to became new commander of Sparta separatist battalion after Motorola
- POLITICS15:41Russia interested in Ukraine unified within internationally recognized borders, - Peskov
- POLITICS14:52Belavia has recording of threats of Ukrainian air traffic controllers
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars