Security Service to tighten preventive measures in Kyiv due to July 28 religious procession
Law enforcers expect possible provocations by pro-Russian activists, perhaps Kremlin-backed militants
Units of Ukraine’s Security Service will work more intensively than usual during the religious procession in Kyiv slated for July 28. Stepan Greshchuk, Chief of the Security Service’s Main Department in Kyiv and Kyiv region, said this on Thursday evening.
On July 3, the religious procession left Svyatohirska Lavra monastery in Donetsk. The people headed to Kyiv, to unite with the local religious pilgrims and mark the anniversary of Christianization of Kyiv Rus’. The columns are to meet in the Ukrainian capital on July 27, the day before the solemn event is traditionally observed.
Law enforcers expect possible provocations by pro-Russian activists, perhaps Kremlin-backed militants, who are reportedly among the pilgrims.
Ukraine in Minsk offers to liquidate Donetsk and Luhansk republics 26 October, 21:49
Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine 25 October, 17:32
Russia's Supreme Court upheld Karpyuk, Klykh sentences 26 October, 17:15
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:44Militants increase fire activity: 72 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:05Russia sends its 57th humanitarian convoy to Donbas
- SOCIETY08:14Russia provides Netherlands with MH17 materials
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 28 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:14OSCE Representative to visit occupied Donbas, meet Ukraine’s hostages
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:31Next Trilateral Contact Group meeting in Minsk planned for November 9
- UKRAINE CRISIS 21:49Ukraine in Minsk offers to liquidate Donetsk and Luhansk republics
- POLITICS20:56Poroshenko receives credentials from Iraq and Azerbaijan Ambassadors
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:18Ukraine in Minsk insists on primacy security issues and OSCE border control
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:34Russia not to allow ICRC mission to Ukraine’s prisoners in Donbas
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case