Searches in the National Anti-Corruption Bureau
Prosecutor General's Office conducted searches in the National Anti-Corruption Bureau in
Prosecutor General's Office conducted searches in the National Anti-Corruption Bureau. This was reported by the head of the anti-corruption bureau Nazar Holodnitsky to "112 Ukraine" TV channel on air.
The searches in NABU finished around 17:40. This was reported by a representative of NABU Svetlana Olifira.
"According to our information, nothing was neither seized, nor confiscated. They've spent enough time here. They came in about noon and left about an hour ago [6 p.m, - ed.]. They were immediately given the documents certifying the legitimacy of the NABU detectives' actions, including interception, i. e. wiretapping,"- said Olifira.
According to her, she did not accompany the investigative officers all day, unauthorized persons were not allowed to the venue of the investigative action.
"Investigative team of the General Prosecutor's Office went to the building of NABU, they were provided with the requested documents, they familiarize themselves with these documents", - said the representative of NABU.
NABU considers the court decision on the search illegal. They will take all necessary actions within the framework of existing legislation for the protection of materials of pre-trial investigation and other important information from the attempts of illegal seizure.
As NABU stated, the court resolution does not contain:
- any the specific circumstances of the offense;
- any names of the detectives who have committed the above offense;
- any information on the offense, in the framework in which, according to the GPU prosecutors, an "illegal wiretapping" was performed.
The head of NABU Artem Sytnyc, who was cited by the press service of NABU, also commented the search.
"It is revealing that proceedings on the case started in April, right after NABU initiated active public discussion of the issue of granting NABU of the right to autonomous wiretapping. Three months the case was "idle on a shelf" and now the investigators came with the search, when the correspondent draft law is ready, approved and laid before the Verkhovna Rada.
"The presence of the representatives of the investigative group of the GPU didn't influence the NABU employees’ daily routine," - says a spokesperson for NABU.
- POLITICS11:29Savchenko: ‘I came to support Ukrainians – even if I don’t leave Russia alive’
- POLITICS10:44Trump: Hillary could bring the U.S. to WWIII
- POLITICS10:00Savchenko reaches Russian court as hearing in Karpyuk, Klykh cases goes on
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:21OSCE SMM in Donbas reports limited access to disengagement areas
- UA & EU08:39Klimkin visits Netherlands to promote EU-Ukraine Association Agreement
- UKRAINE CRISIS 07:53Donbas: 122 mm shells hit Bohuslavske, Luhansk region
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas: 12 attacks by Russia-backed militants since Monday evening
- POLITICS22:42German investigators to provide more information on Sheremet’s murder, - Ukrainian police
- POLITICS21:14NATO official: Alliance and Ukraine to enhance cooperation in security sector
- SOCIETY19:49Lutsenko: Heavenly Hundred murders may be considered by Hague
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas