Searches in Boryspil airport
Kyiv Prosecutor's Office conducts searches in the premises of the international airport Boryspil
Investigators from the Kyiv Prosecutor's Office together with the officers of the Security Service of Ukraine on 26 July hold searches in the premises of the international airport Boryspil in the frameworks of investigation of the criminal case in embezzlement of extremely large amounts of money upon public procurement.
"It has been identified that the state-owned enterprise held a tender for the purchase of explosives detectors in December 2015. According to the results of the tender, 4 devices were purchased from a privately owned company for a total amount of about 170000 USD," - the message of the press service of the prosecutor's office states.
According to documents provided by the winner of the tenderer, the detectors were manufactured by the Czech company. However, as it turned out during the investigation, Russian company appeared to be a direct manufacturer with its founder being a citizen of the Russian Federation.
In addition, it was found that the cost of each of the detectors is about 8000 USD, which is almost four times cheaper than it was paid.
"Currently, the searches of the airport premises, the office of the tender winning company, and the places of residence of the criminal scheme participants are underway, documentation and other evidence seized," - sums up the prosecutor's office.
Meanwhile, the press service of the airport stated that the equipment was purchased due to the need to ensure aviation safety and continuous improvement of its level, taking into account both internal and external threats to the modern airport.
- POLITICS15:58Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine
- UKRAINE TOP 15:18Searches at Kseniya Babych: 112 Ukraine TV channel statement
- POLITICS14:44Lutsenko: 20 searches at a time conducted by Ukrainian law enforcers
- UKRAINE TOP 13:54Searches at Kseniya Babych: it is dangerous for Ukrainian journalists to stay in Moscow, - Feygin
- RUSSIA13:22Russia refuses to hand Sentsov over to Ukraine
- POLITICS12:32Searches at Kseniya Babych: No media freedom in Russia for long time already, - Gerashchenko
- UKRAINE TOP 11:51Searches in Moscow flat of Ukrainian journalist Kseniya Babych
- POLITICS11:15Searches at Kseniya Babych: Russian law enforcers search apartment of 112 Ukraine TV channel's reporter in Moscow
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:58Poltorak: Minsk agreements put Debaltseve as Ukrainian territory
- POLITICS10:12Cabinet allocates USD 4.8 mln for development of military technologies
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars
18:42, 20 October Poroshenko, Orban meet in Brussels