Searches among Crimean Tatars due to investigation on terrorist activity, - Poklonskaya
“Prosecutor” of Russian-annexed Crimea said 4 "members of Hizb-ut Tahrir terrorist organization" were arrested during the investigation
The searches and house-checks that are now taking place in Russian-occupied Crimea lie within the investigation on activities of Hizb ut-Tahrir terrorist organization at the peninsula. Natalya Poklonskaya, so-called “Prosecutor” of the self-proclaimed Republic of Crimea, said this on February 11 (Krym-Inform).
“The FSB, Federal Security Service, gathered materials and opened an investigation for organization of terrorist body and its activity in Crimea”, Poklonskaya said. According to her, four Hizb-ut Tahrir members were detained during the investigations, all of them Crimean Tatars. However, the “prosecutor” denies that their origin or nationality have anything to do with activities of the terrorist organization. “We do not divide people on account of ethnic descent", she said.
Previously, 7 persons were detained after massive house-checks among Crimean Tatars. Human rights watchers consider this as repressions against the nation.
The Ukrainian government has repeatedly voiced out its concern about breach of human rights by Russia in the occupied Crimea.
Earlier, leader of the Crimean Tatar people Refat Chubarov reported that Emir-Usein Kuku, the member of Crimean Contact Group on Human Rights, was detained, after a check at his place in Yalta. Chubarov added that activists of Crimean Tatar national movement endure numerous searches and multiple interrogations. According to the official, some of the detained previously met with Special Envoy of the OSCE Secretary General during his visit to the occupied Crimea in late January 2016.
Smedlyayev: Russian federal security service arrests more Crimean Tatars 12 October, 16:03
Ukraine demands that Russia stops prosecutions of Crimean Tatars 12 October, 14:28
U.S. doesn’t recognize Russia’s ban of Mejlis of Crimean Tatars 1 October, 11:00
- SOCIETY14:31US extends ban on flights of aircraft in Simferopol and Dnipropetrovsk
- UKRAINE CRISIS 13:44Trilateral contact group returns to work in Minsk, - Tandyt
- SOCIETY12:55SBU interrogates Savchenko as witness in Ukraine’s territorial integrity infringement case
- SOCIETY11:58Lutkovska calls on Russia’s Ombudsman to rethink transfer of Sentsov, Kolchenko to Ukraine
- SOCIETY11:14Groysman: We conduct large-scale reform of local self-government in Ukraine
- SOCIETY10:3180 human rights organizations urge not to allow Russia to UN Human Rights Council
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:43Donbas conflict: 40 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- SOCIETY08:58Netherlands consider two options for MH17 trial
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:16Steinmeier: Minsk agreements help to prevent fire in the heart of Europe
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:5925 attacks from Russia-backed militants reported, - ATO HQ
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:56, 24 October Ahtem Chyigoz hearings continued in the 'court' of occupied Crimea
18:29, 24 October Security Service shuts down illegal traffic chain