Schoolboy's parents summoned to school in Crimea because of national symbols
“Crimea is our motherland”, the boy wrote
Administration of a school in Simferopol region, Crimea, summoned a schoolboy’s parents for the preventative conversation, the 15 minutes information website reports. The reason was that the boy drew a picture, using Ukrainian and Crimean Tatar national symbols.
“At a lesson, when pupils were asked “What is Motherland?”, they received the task to fill in the stencil, presumably by colors of the Russian flag. The schoolboy painted it with blue and yellow, put several tamgas (Crimean Tatar national symbols) on it and wrote: “Crimea is our motherland”, the outlet reports. After that, the schoolboy’s parents were summoned to school.
The medium never specified the name of the school; neither the school administration, nor Crimea’s Ministry of Education commented on the issue.
Since spring 2014, when Russia annexed the peninsula, there have been more cases when the use of Ukrainian and Crimean Tatar national symbols led to similar judgments in Crimean schools.
Most recently, pictures with Ukrainian symbols emerged at bus stops in Krasnoperekopsky region in Crimea. The Mejlis of Crimean Tatars reported it was followed by joint raids of so-called Cossacks and agents of the FSB, Russia’s federal security service.
The pro-Russian leadership of Crimea denies the oppression and violations of rights of Crimean Tatars.
Smedlyayev: Russian federal security service arrests more Crimean Tatars 12 October, 16:03
Ukraine demands that Russia stops prosecutions of Crimean Tatars 12 October, 14:28
U.S. doesn’t recognize Russia’s ban of Mejlis of Crimean Tatars 1 October, 11:00
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:03Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported over the day
- UA & EU21:13Ukraine to get visa-free regime until 24 November, - Poroshenko
- POLITICS20:25"All Minsk agreements are transparent", - Poroshenko
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:40OSCE again reports on limiting access to three sites of disangagement
- RUSSIA18:54American hacker defaced Russian MFA website and left warning
- SOCIETY18:06Strategic command-staff exercises "Rubizh-2016" completed in Ukraine
- SOCIETY17:18"State secret" stamp wouldn't be removed, but some documents will be opened, - Feygin
- SOCIETY16:27Militant Vokha to became new commander of Sparta separatist battalion after Motorola
- POLITICS15:41Russia interested in Ukraine unified within internationally recognized borders, - Peskov
- POLITICS14:52Belavia has recording of threats of Ukrainian air traffic controllers
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars