Schetinin death: suicide note made public
Olga Mescheryakova, editor-in-chief of the Novy Region, published Schetinin's suicide note
Olga Mescheryakova, editor-in-chief of the Novy Region (New Region) news agency, founded by Alexander Schetinin, "published the text from the suicide note by Schetinin on her Facebook page. Aleksandr "was found in his Kyiv apartment with a gunshot wound to his head.
I'm very glad you were here. Unfortunately, I was unable to push things along at work. I have not opened the door for this reason exactly.
I'm sorry for everything. Let our guys, and everybody, whom I screwed up, forgive me as well.
The best way out for me in this situation is to pass away. It wasn't decided at this moment. I greased and checked the gun some ten days ago. And all these days I just can't make up my mind. I was setting it aside. Courage is not enough.
I kept writing letters all these days. But I did not send anything. Too many recipients.
I'm just very ashamed in front of everyone. That's why I took such a solution.
If you ever manage to, please tell my daughters that I was really longing for them to the last. But 4.5 years without them were unbearable. This is the main reason for my decision. I wrote them a short letter to their VK accounts back in Wednesday.
Its just a misunderstanding that I lived to this day.
One more thing. I was a passionate and affectionate towards Ukraine and its people.
When everything settles down, please write about it.
Don't get me wrong, I took the best decision of all the variants. I was thinking of this for a long time. "
Now on the balcony. I smoke my last cigarette, and I'm gone.
I was congratulated in personal messages by plenty of people today. I read everything. But nothing can be change already.
Sorry. And let everyone forgive me. i didn't shot myself on August 24 just in order not to spoil the best holiday to anyone - the Independence Day.
I love you all dearly. Please, always keep telling them this.
She also wrote that their web-site is not being updated, because the access to it is seized by the people, with whom Aleksandr [Schetinin] stopped working together long time ago. That’s why the editorial staff is enforced to suspend their work.
As we are temporarily unable to publish information on our site, we decided to post out mutual editorial appeal later here, on my Facebook page.
Police arrests one of Inter TV Channel instigators 21 October, 22:18
In Moscow and Warsaw pass protest actions "Stop Putin" 14 October, 21:03
In Kyiv March of heroes' glory is over 14 October, 18:33
IMF mission to arrive in Ukraine on October 26 17 October, 19:03
- POLITICS14:52Belavia has recording of threats of Ukrainian air traffic controllers
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:05Two wounded, no dead in Donbas over past day, - Lysenko
- SPORT13:14Ukraine’s cyclist wins bronze at European Championship
- POLITICS12:34Ukraine’s Interpol to conduct internal review of Yanukovych allies’ charges
- UKRAINE CRISIS 11:2333 ceasefire violations in Donbas region reported, - ATO HQ
- SOCIETY10:33Free Sentsov action at Ukraine’s film festival in Poland
- SPORT09:49Ukraine’s athletes win five medals at World Cup in swimming
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:01Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported
- SOCIETY21:12FSB ensnared Sushchenko in Moscow by preparing trap, - Feygin
- UA & EU20:24"PACE considers not expulsion of Russia but maintaining current status quo", - Ariev
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars