SBU prevented attacks on Lviv railway
Five members of a terrorist group that planned to simultaneously blow up railway tracks in three different directions from the regional center
Undermining three areas of international railway connections were prevented in Lviv region by the Security Service of Ukraine. As a result of special-forces raid, investigators found and arrested five members of a terrorist group that planned to simultaneously blow up railway tracks in three different directions from the regional center.
One of the terrorists was arrested while laying explosives on a bridge near the village Dubliany Lviv region. He tried to resist and opened firing. As a result, one officer of Security Service of Ukraine was injured. Law enforcers fired back in response injuring attacker, who was arrested. At present Security officer's and the terrorist's lives are not in danger.
During searches of detainees, Security Service officers seized a large number of firearms, explosives and components for explosives production, including rocket-propelled grenade RPG-7 and RPG-26, grenades RGO, F-1, RGD-5, five kilograms of explosives mark IX 25 and 600 grams of TNT, three electrodetonators, three pistols and plenty of ammunition of different caliber.
The searches and other urgent investigative actions are in progress.
- POLITICS10:13Savchenko reaches Russian court as hearing in Karpyuk, Klykh cases goes on
- POLITICS10:02Trump: Hillary could bring the U.S. to WWIII
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:21OSCE SMM in Donbas reports limited access to disengagement areas
- UA & EU08:39Klimkin visits Netherlands to promote EU-Ukraine Association Agreement
- UKRAINE CRISIS 07:53Donbas: 122 mm shells hit Bohuslavske, Luhansk region
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas: 12 attacks by Russia-backed militants since Monday evening
- POLITICS22:42German investigators to provide more information on Sheremet’s murder, - Ukrainian police
- POLITICS21:14NATO official: Alliance and Ukraine to enhance cooperation in security sector
- SOCIETY19:49Lutsenko: Heavenly Hundred murders may be considered by Hague
- FINANCE19:02Doing Business 2017 rating: Ukraine rises to 80th position
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas