Freed pilot Nadiya Savchenko’s fiery speech in Ukrainian parliament – Top 3 quotes
‘I won’t let you forget about those guys who gave their lives for Ukraine’
I, Nadiya Savchenko, the Ukrainian MP, have returned and I’m getting to work. I’d like to thank every Ukrainian who fought for me.
I returned and I won’t let you – those who sits in chairs in this Parliament – forget about these guys who gave their lives for Ukraine during the Euromaidan movement and keep doing so now, in Donbas. I won’t let you forget them. Because if any one of you was at the cemetery, you could have felt what I felt. These people do not rest in the ground, they are standing tall. They are standing with us, with Ukraine, and they won’t get back into their graves until we get the Ukraine they died for, the one we are dreaming of.
The people of Ukraine won’t let us just sit in these chairs, if we keep on betraying them. To us, the ones sitting in these chairs, Ukraine is above the lives of every one of us.
I take off this banner with my picture that is now applied to the parliament rostrum. And I change it with a different banner with faces of the guys who are now fighting behind the enemy lines, fighting for our Ukraine. So every time you approach to speak from this rostrum, you will look into their eyes and understand you have no right to leave anyone of them in detention.
Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order 24 October, 22:37
33 ceasefire violations in Donbas region reported, - ATO HQ 23 October, 11:23
Donbas to revive hope to return to Ukraine, - Governor of Donetsk region 24 October, 20:21
Donetsk, Luhansk militants against armed OSCE mission in Donbas 24 October, 16:37
- POLITICS16:0014 Russian citizens detained during counter-terrorism operation in Germany
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:15Ukraine’s Helsinki Union creates center to document war crimes
- SOCIETY14:31US extends ban on flights of aircraft in Simferopol and Dnipropetrovsk
- UKRAINE CRISIS 13:44Trilateral contact group returns to work in Minsk, - Tandyt
- SOCIETY12:55SBU interrogates Savchenko as witness in Ukraine’s territorial integrity infringement case
- SOCIETY11:58Lutkovska calls on Russia’s Ombudsman to rethink transfer of Sentsov, Kolchenko to Ukraine
- SOCIETY11:14Groysman: We conduct large-scale reform of local self-government in Ukraine
- SOCIETY10:3180 human rights organizations urge not to allow Russia to UN Human Rights Council
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:43Donbas conflict: 40 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- SOCIETY08:58Netherlands consider two options for MH17 trial
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:56, 24 October Ahtem Chyigoz hearings continued in the 'court' of occupied Crimea
18:29, 24 October Security Service shuts down illegal traffic chain