Savchenko's lawyers want to visit the scene of the crime, in which she is accused
If lawyers get in this area, they will be able to prove the innocence of Savchenko
“We called on the head of the so-called ‘Luhansk People's Republic’ Igor Plotnitskyy to admit us to the place, where employees of All-Russian State Television and Radio Broadcasting Company were killed in the Luhansk region”, - announced Mark Feigin, pilot’s lawyer to TV channel '112 Ukraine'.
"The inability of visiting this area and fixing range, distance and visibility of the distance to regulate fire, according to our side of investigation, creates extra difficulties for the defense in proving that the accusations regarding Savchenko are false,"- he said.
“The defense needs to get to the area of the events of June 17, 2014 (Stukalova Balka) to prove Savchenko’s innocence sufficiently”, - wrote Feigin on his Twitter.
The lawyer said that if Plotnitskyy allow them to visit this area, it will prove his desire to achieve justice.
The head of ‘Luhansk People's Republic’ has not responded to the request of Savchenko’s defense yet.
The member of parliament, former member of the Armed Forces of Ukraine Nadia Savchenko is accused of killing two officers of All-Russian State Television and Radio Broadcasting Company, which were in the Luhansk region without any permission of the Ukrainian authorities last summer. Also, the pilot is accused of illegal crossing of the Russian border.
Sushchenko needs to be exchanged, - lawyer 27 October, 14:30
Hug: More action by JCCC needed for successful disengagement in Donbas 27 October, 16:03
Avakov: Russia can only be defeated by united worldwide opposition 27 October, 17:31
- POLITICS09:15Ukraine, France discuss placing OSCE police mission in Donbas
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:30Donbas: 54 attacks on Ukrainian positions over last 24 hours
- POLITICS07:50Klimkin: Normandy Four foreign ministers could meet in late November
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas: 152 mm shells hit Vodyane, Donetsk region
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:50OSCE SMM reports increase of military activity in Donbas
- UKRAINE TOP 21:18Ukraine slaps Russian airlines with 28 million dollars fine
- RUSSIA19:47Foreign Ministry: Russia must release Sushchenko and other detained Ukrainians
- FINANCE19:00IMF confirm visit of their mission to Ukraine in November
- POLITICS18:14Amnesty International: Karpyuk, Klykh fell victims of Russian parody on justice
- POLITICS17:31Avakov: Russia can only be defeated by united worldwide opposition
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case