Savchenko’s defense to be refused to prove evidence, the verdict is ready, - Polozov
The lawyer says Russian investigators already know when the sentence be imposed
The defense team of Ukrainian fighter pilot Nadia Savchenko will be deprived of the right to prove evidence in court, lawyer Nikolai Polozov said in an interview to 112.Ukraine TV Channel.
According to him, the verdict in Savchenko’s case is already made up in the Kremlin.
“The defense team didn’t even start to prove evidence in court. We made quite comprehensive list of materials on the case, and we’ve got more evidence that confirms Nadia Savchenko’s alibi. But the court is not interested in any of this. Prosecutors have been proving their evidence for two months, and the defense team can do that in a week or two. They will not let us prove any evidence, since the verdict is ready. It was made up not in Donetsk city court (Rostov region, Russia), but in the Kremlin. It was signed by Putin who makes decisions in Savchenko’s case”, he said.
Previously, Vladimir Markin, the official representative of the Investigation Committee of the Russian Federation said the sentence in Savchenko’s case might be pronounced by the end of the year. According to him, the sentence will likely be “a tough one”.
Ukraine’s MP, former officer of Ukraine’s Air Force Nadia Savchenko is charged with murder of two Russian TV reporters who worked in the combat zone in eastern Ukraine without official permission of the Ukrainian government. Russian prosecutors say Savchenko allegedly adjusted fire during an artillery attack launched by Ukrainian troops that killed the reporters. The pilot is also charged with illegal crossing of the Russian border. Savchenko, her defense team and the Ukrainian government deny all charges and demand her release.
Russia refused to hand over Alexander Kolchenko to Ukraine 21 October, 21:39
Searches at Kseniya Babych: Russia may have plan to threaten journalists 21 October, 16:40
Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine 21 October, 15:58
Searches at Kseniya Babych: Journalist reveals details 21 October, 20:34
- SOCIETY10:33Free Sentsov action at Ukraine’s film festival in Poland
- SPORT09:49Ukraine’s athletes win five medals at World Cup in swimming
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:01Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported
- SOCIETY21:12FSB ensnared Sushchenko in Moscow by preparing trap, - Feygin
- UA & EU20:24"PACE considers not expulsion of Russia but maintaining current status quo", - Ariev
- POLITICS19:36"Yesterday I was judged in Russia and today will be judged in Ukraine", - Savchenko
- SOCIETY18:47Sentsov placed in punishment cell for 15 days, - sister
- POLITICS18:00Belarus MFA handed protest note to Ambassador of Ukraine due to forced return of aircraft
- POLITICS17:12Ukraine is waging two wars - with Putin's occupiers and crime, - Lutsenko
- SOCIETY16:24Forensic psychological examination of Klykh showed he is mentally healthy
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars