Savchenko: Ukraine needs direct dialogue with pro-Russia militants
Ukrainian MP stresses she’s ready to speak to leaders of so-called Donetsk and Luhansk People’s Republics
In an interview with Ukraine's ERA radio, MP and Air Force officer Nadiya Savchenko said she was ready to negotiate with leaders of pro-Russian militants to decrease or even dissolve tension in war-torn Donbas.
According to her, there are three steps that need to be made in order to set negotiations the right way. “Step 1: extend sanctions against Russia. Step 2: set direct contacts with “DPR” and “LPR”, as they call themselves. We should contact them without any third or fourth party. Step 3: smile to each other”, Savchenko said.
When asked if President Poroshenko should personally contact leaders of the self-proclaimed republics, Savchenko said: “We’ve got only one President. Instead, I can accept it if Zakharchenko and Plotnitsky (leaders of so-called “DPR” and “LPR”, respectively) pose themselves as MPs of the self-proclaimed republics. As an MP, I’m ready to talk to them”.
29 attacks in Donbas region during previous 24 hours, - ATO HQ 18 October, 09:31
Donbas conflict: 18 attacks reported 17 October, 23:58
Donetsk militants hand over another 23 hostages 19 October, 15:31
Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine 21 October, 15:58
- SOCIETY16:24Forensic psychological examination of Klykh showed he is mentally healthy
- POLITICS15:36Kyiv to seek Sentsov and Kolchenko's extradition under exchange procedure, - source
- SPORT14:51Ukrainian tennis player Elina Svitolina threatened in Moscow
- SOCIETY14:03Belavia’s passenger plane forcibly landed in Zhuliany airport in Kyiv
- POLITICS13:13Lutsenko: Every third local prosecutor replaced across Ukraine
- RUSSIA12:28Klykh grew insane due to tortures in Russia, - human rights defender
- RUSSIA11:46Russia presents FIFA World Cup 2018 mascot
- RUSSIA11:01Justice Minister: ‘Kremlin will recognize Sentsov, Kolchenko’s Ukrainian citizenship’
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:17Donbas: ‘Grad’ missile launchers shell Troitske, Luhansk region
- SOCIETY09:30UN Security Council: Assad regime responsible for three chemical attacks
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars