Savchenko to testify against ‘LPR’ leader in court on October 21
Podil district court in Kyiv started considering the case of Ihor Plotnitsky, charged with kidnapping Savchenko in July 2014
Kyiv’s Podil district court now considers the case of Ihor Plotnitsky, the leader of the self-proclaimed Luhansk People’s Republic. Kyiv city prosecutor’s office reported this on October 11.
First, the court will interview the victim, then the witnesses of the prosecution; next, the evidence will be analyzed.
17 eyewitnesses are to testify against Plotnitsky. On October 21, MP and former officer of Ukraine’s Air Force Nadiya Savchenko, her sister and mother will testify, too.
Previously, Plotnitsky was charged with committing a terrorist act, kidnapping and holding hostage Ukraine’s military officer Nadiya Savchenko.
Investigators of the Security Service of Ukraine sent indictments in the criminal proceedings to the court against six "officers" of the "LPR military and political bloc" in August 2016. SBU officers have documented anti-Ukrainian activity of the three self-appointed "ministers" and three representatives of the "power block". They are charged with the promotion of a terrorist organization; committing actions aimed at forcible change or overthrow of the constitutional order or the seizure of state power; intentional acts committed aimed at changing the borders of the territory or the state borders of Ukraine, for violation of the order established by the Constitution of Ukraine. Plotnytsky is among them.
Donbas: Vicinities of Mariupol under mortar fire 21 October, 08:00
‘DPR’ militants: Debaltsevo remains 20 October, 20:44
Russia against return of Debaltsevo under control of Ukraine, - Peskov 20 October, 20:01
Donbas: ‘Grad’ missile launchers shell Troitske, Luhansk region 22 October, 10:17
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:01Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported
- SOCIETY21:12FSB ensnared Sushchenko in Moscow by preparing trap, - Feygin
- UA & EU20:24"PACE considers not expulsion of Russia but maintaining current status quo", - Ariev
- POLITICS19:36"Yesterday I was judged in Russia and today will be judged in Ukraine", - Savchenko
- SOCIETY18:47Sentsov placed in punishment cell for 15 days, - sister
- POLITICS18:00Belarus MFA handed protest note to Ambassador of Ukraine due to forced return of aircraft
- POLITICS17:12Ukraine is waging two wars - with Putin's occupiers and crime, - Lutsenko
- SOCIETY16:24Forensic psychological examination of Klykh showed he is mentally healthy
- POLITICS15:36Kyiv to seek Sentsov and Kolchenko's extradition under exchange procedure, - source
- SPORT14:51Ukrainian tennis player Elina Svitolina threatened in Moscow
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars